Uber and American Airlines Launch Partnership & Free Ride for AA Exec Platinums
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber already has partnerships with IHG, Hilton and Starwood, with the Starwood partnership being one of the most rewarding options. In the past few months, Uber has expanded its territory — from on-demand helicopter and yacht rides to reducing its prices from Newark by up to 50%. If you haven’t signed up for Uber, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $15).
Today, Uber announced its latest partnership with American Airlines — and those with Executive Platinum status or cardholders of the AAdvantage Aviator MasterCard get promotional perks from the partnership. AAdvantage Executive Platinum members who hold that status as of March 1, 2016, will receive a unique code for up to $25 off their next Uber ride — even if you’re already a member of Uber.
In addition, AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard cardholders who use the card to pay for their Uber purchases will earn 2 bonus miles per dollar on rides from February 7 through July 31, 2016. The bonus miles won’t hit your account until after the promotion ends.
Although those two perks stand out, AA and Uber are also using the partnership to offer a service to customers that will help them get to and from the airport more seamlessly. AA customers can now set a reminder for a ride with Uber’s Ride Reminder. After booking a flight on AA’s website and you’re emailed the confirmation ticket, there will be a clickable “Remind me to Uber” icon that will do just that when you get to your destination.
The feature is currently available at 11 airports across the US, including Charlotte (CLT), Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK & LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), Phoenix (PHX), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and Ronald Reagan Washington (DCA).
Ultimately, not only does this offer great advantages for AAdvantage Executive Platinum members and AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard, but it also makes flying much less of a hassle for average AA flyers. It may not be as rewarding as the Starwood-Uber partnership, but it is a nice option to have if you’re an AA flyer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees