Uber and American Airlines Launch Partnership & Free Ride for AA Exec Platinums
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber already has partnerships with IHG, Hilton and Starwood, with the Starwood partnership being one of the most rewarding options. In the past few months, Uber has expanded its territory — from on-demand helicopter and yacht rides to reducing its prices from Newark by up to 50%. If you haven’t signed up for Uber, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $15).
Today, Uber announced its latest partnership with American Airlines — and those with Executive Platinum status or cardholders of the AAdvantage Aviator MasterCard get promotional perks from the partnership. AAdvantage Executive Platinum members who hold that status as of March 1, 2016, will receive a unique code for up to $25 off their next Uber ride — even if you’re already a member of Uber.
In addition, AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard cardholders who use the card to pay for their Uber purchases will earn 2 bonus miles per dollar on rides from February 7 through July 31, 2016. The bonus miles won’t hit your account until after the promotion ends.
Although those two perks stand out, AA and Uber are also using the partnership to offer a service to customers that will help them get to and from the airport more seamlessly. AA customers can now set a reminder for a ride with Uber’s Ride Reminder. After booking a flight on AA’s website and you’re emailed the confirmation ticket, there will be a clickable “Remind me to Uber” icon that will do just that when you get to your destination.
The feature is currently available at 11 airports across the US, including Charlotte (CLT), Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK & LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), Phoenix (PHX), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and Ronald Reagan Washington (DCA).
Ultimately, not only does this offer great advantages for AAdvantage Executive Platinum members and AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard, but it also makes flying much less of a hassle for average AA flyers. It may not be as rewarding as the Starwood-Uber partnership, but it is a nice option to have if you’re an AA flyer.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.