Uber and American Airlines Launch Partnership & Free Ride for AA Exec Platinums
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber already has partnerships with IHG, Hilton and Starwood, with the Starwood partnership being one of the most rewarding options. In the past few months, Uber has expanded its territory — from on-demand helicopter and yacht rides to reducing its prices from Newark by up to 50%. If you haven’t signed up for Uber, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $15).
Today, Uber announced its latest partnership with American Airlines — and those with Executive Platinum status or cardholders of the AAdvantage Aviator MasterCard get promotional perks from the partnership. AAdvantage Executive Platinum members who hold that status as of March 1, 2016, will receive a unique code for up to $25 off their next Uber ride — even if you’re already a member of Uber.
In addition, AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard cardholders who use the card to pay for their Uber purchases will earn 2 bonus miles per dollar on rides from February 7 through July 31, 2016. The bonus miles won’t hit your account until after the promotion ends.
Although those two perks stand out, AA and Uber are also using the partnership to offer a service to customers that will help them get to and from the airport more seamlessly. AA customers can now set a reminder for a ride with Uber’s Ride Reminder. After booking a flight on AA’s website and you’re emailed the confirmation ticket, there will be a clickable “Remind me to Uber” icon that will do just that when you get to your destination.
The feature is currently available at 11 airports across the US, including Charlotte (CLT), Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK & LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), Phoenix (PHX), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and Ronald Reagan Washington (DCA).
Ultimately, not only does this offer great advantages for AAdvantage Executive Platinum members and AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard, but it also makes flying much less of a hassle for average AA flyers. It may not be as rewarding as the Starwood-Uber partnership, but it is a nice option to have if you’re an AA flyer.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees