This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Donald Trump wants to be President of the United States, but for now president of Trump Hotels (and a bunch of other stuff) will have to do.
The Trump Hotels chain includes 14 properties, and they’re generally quite nice — Trump is one of my favorite hotels in Vegas, and it’s often very reasonably priced. The chain is small overall, so it wasn’t a surprise that the Trump Card Privileges Program wasn’t as competitive as it could be. As of this week, that’s changed, however — if you spend a lot of time at Trump Hotels, you can now score some pretty fantastic perks.
As you can see above, there are three program tiers. Anyone who joins becomes a Privileges Member, while you’ll need to stay quite a bit to move up to Exclusive Gold or Exclusive Platinum. You can see the full list of perks above. Members earn 10 credits per night in a guest room, 15 credits per night in a one-bedroom suite and 20 credits per night in a two-bedroom suite or penthouse. You’ll be upgraded to Gold after 10 stays or 25 nights in a calendar year, while Platinum requires 25 stays or 50 nights — that’s a lot of nights with Trump.
You can redeem credits for free nights or suite upgrades at Trump properties around the world. Interestingly, you’ll earn the same number of credits per night at all Trump properties, while redemptions require a range of credits. For example, free nights run from 150 credits in a guest room or 250 credits in a suite (Las Vegas) to 350 credits in a room or 600 in a suite (New York). Suite upgrades, meanwhile, will cost you between 70 and 200 credits, depending on the property.
Ultimately, you’re going to need to spend many nights at Trump Hotels each year to really benefit from the program, but even if you only stay once or twice, it doesn’t hurt to sign up.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards