This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The A380 is considered by many to be the pinnacle of luxury air travel, with perks ranging from Shower Spas on Emirates to the super-luxe Residence on Etihad Airways. It’s also one of the largest planes in the sky, with the capacity to fit more than 600 passengers on some of the world’s busiest routes.
Now, following recently lifted international sanctions, it seems that Iran Air could be the next big buyer for these flying behemoths. The airline recently demonstrated interest in the aircraft after announcing a provisional deal with Airbus, ordering eight planes to be delivered by 2019.
Whether or not the carrier ever completes the order has yet to be determined, but it would be interesting for Iran Air, especially considering that the airline’s current fleet is composed of a hodgepodge of aircraft that are far older than those of its Middle Eastern competitors. Typically, the A380 is reserved for some of the most popular routes in the world, like Etihad’s New York to Abu Dhabi flight — this move suggests that Iran Air is now looking to expand its presence as a major carrier in the Middle East and around the world.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards