Starwood Adds Design Hotels to SPG Portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
SPG has been in the news a lot lately – whether it be for rumored acquisitions, potential Cyber Monday deals, offering up to 10% off select stays or adding two new hotels in Las Vegas. But today, SPG announced that it has added Design Hotels to its collection, becoming the eleventh brand in the chain’s portfolio. Design Hotels are described as a curated selection of individual hotels that offer cultural authenticity and thought-provoking design and architecture.
The full Design Hotels portfolio, which has 287 properties worldwide, has yet to be added to SPG. As of today’s soft launch, five properties are available to book with SPG – the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York City; the C-Hotel in Lake Como, Italy; the Nira Montana in La Thuile, Italy; the Ten Bompas Hotel in Johannesburg, South Africa; and the Kruisherenhotel Maastricht Hotel in Maastricht, Netherlands. SPG will add additional Design Hotels on a regular basis, with 40 projected to join by the beginning of 2016.
SPG Members who book stays at participating Design Hotels will be offered different benefits than they receive at other SPG properties (when booking through Starwood) — here’s the rundown:
- 2 Starpoints per dollar spent (3 for Gold Preferred and Platinum Preferred Members, 4 for P75 and P100)
- Night and stay credit toward elite status
- High-speed internet access and bottled water in-room
- SPG Gold and Platinum members will automatically receive a Starpoints bonus as their welcome gift
- Members who pay with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express or Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express card will earn 2 points per dollar at participating Design Hotels
- Free night redemption is planned to be available in early 2016
To book a stay at one of Design Hotel’s properties, go to the new chain’s tab on SPG’s website. When booking, make sure to use the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, which is offering 25,000 points when you make $3,000 in purchases in the first three months or the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, which is offering 25,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. SPG points are widely regarded as the most valuable loyalty currency, and you can now earn points at some amazing new properties with the addition of Design Hotels.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees