Thursday Giveaway: 27,000 American Airlines Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
This week’s Thursday Giveaway offers a chance to win 27,000 American Airlines miles. This fall, American is running a buy miles promotion, which includes both a discount and a bonus with your purchase.
27,000 AA miles can take you quite a long way — you can redeem for a round-trip anywhere in the continental US or Canada, as well as some one-way tickets to locations outside the US and Canada. If you’re looking for something a little more exciting, consider that 27,000 miles is almost half the miles you need for a round-trip flight to Europe (depending on the travel dates) — combined with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard’s sign-up bonus of 75,000 miles, you’d have enough to book the award.
TPG values American miles at 1.7 cents apiece, so you can earn quite a bit of value from both the sign-up offer, as well as the buy miles promotion. Of course, with specific redemptions in mind, you can earn significantly more value on flights that would normally cost many thousands of dollars.
You must enter the giveaway below no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 19.
To enter this giveaway, visit our Facebook Page or enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Last week’s winners: Last week, we gave away a $400 credit to hotel-booking website Hotelied. Congratulations again to Betsy M, who won by visiting us on Facebook. Stay tuned for more great giveaways on the blog, as well as on TPG’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees