This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in 2014, TPG traveled from Sydney to Honolulu in Hawaiian Airlines business class, and he was less than impressed. The flight was on an Airbus A330-200 with 18 business-class recliner seats in a 2-2-2 configuration — hardly an ideal setup for a 10-hour trip! But according to an announcement from yesterday’s Hawaiian Airlines media day, that’s all about to change.
The carrier will introduce new luxury design elements and enhanced service options to its A330 premium cabins, including the addition of 180-degree lie-flat seats that fold into 76-inch beds. The seats will be installed in a 2-2-2 configuration.
The overall product configuration will fit 278 passengers (down from 294), with 18 in business/first class (unchanged), 68 in Extra Comfort (up from 40) and 192 in the main cabin (way down from 236!).
The first newly outfitted aircraft is expected to enter Hawaiian’s long-haul network in the second quarter of 2016. The airline will begin installing lie-flat seats on the 22 remaining A330 aircraft in September of 2016 through 2017.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards