How to Transfer Chase Ultimate Reward Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
I’ve recently gotten several inquiries on how to combine and transfer Chase Ultimate Reward points to hotel and airline partners as well as transfer them to other Ultimate Rewards accounts. There are actually a few circumstances where combining points is possible, and I’m more than happy to go over the steps of how to get that done, as well as how to transfer the points to hotel and airline partners such as United, Hyatt, Singapore, and more. Transferring to hotel and airline partners is how I get the most value out of my Ultimate Reward points.
How to Combine Chase Ultimate Reward Points
Before we get into the how-to’s of combining Ultimate Reward points with others, let’s cover the situations where it is permissible according to the terms and conditions. You are permitted to move your Ultimate Reward points to another Ultimate Rewards card account belonging to you, your spouse, or your domestic partner. On the business cards you are also permitted to transfer or combine points with a or your joint business owner. If you venture beyond just transferring or combing points in those circumstances you risk Chase closing your credit card account and losing your points, so don’t do it.
To combine points simply log into your online Ultimate Rewards account and click on your points balance. There will be an option in the drop down to “Combine Points”.
There you will have the opportunity to move your points to another Ultimate Rewards account you have, or to transfer to your spouse, domestic partner, or joint business owner. You will need their full credit card account number in order to complete that transaction.
You might want to use this combine points feature in order to move Ultimate Reward points from cards like the Ink Business Cash Credit Card or Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) to cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Ink Business Preferred Credit Card so that they can be transferred to hotel and airline partners instead of just used at a fixed value of one cent = one point for travel, gift cards, or statement credits. I love that only one spouse/partner needs to have a premium card like the Sapphire Preferred in order for both persons to be able to benefit from the transferability of Ultimate Reward points.
How to Transfer Chase Ultimate Reward Points:
Once you have the Ultimate Reward points in a type of Ultimate Rewards account that allows transfer to hotel and airline partners the (Chase Sapphire Preferred, Ink Plus or Ink Bold cards) you can proceed with transferring the points to one of the following partners:
British Airways, Korean Air SKYPASS, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Southwest Rapid Rewards, United MileagePlus, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards, Ritz Carlton Rewards, and Amtrak Guest Rewards.
Again from your Ultimate Rewards online account you will have the ability to transfer Ultimate Reward points to a partner by navigating to “Use Points” then select “Transfer to Travel Partners”.
If you have transferred to a particular partner before it will be saved in your account. If you want to transfer to a program for the first time you will need to enter the member name and frequent flyer/hotel loyalty number. You will also have to verify that the transfer is going to either yourself or your spouse/domestic partner’s account.
Many, but not all, of the transfers to partners happen instantaneously. All are typically completed within a few business days at most. Some examples or partners that have always been instant transfers for me include United, Hyatt, and British Airways. I have had delays with Singapore and IHG.
Transferring points to hotel and airline partners is a one-way transfer, so be sure you want to make the transfer before doing so as it is not reversible. My family often gets much more value out of our Ultimate Reward points by transferring to hotel and airline partners and leveraging award chart sweet spots than we would using the points at a fixed value toward travel, gift cards, or statement credits.
If you have any questions about transferring or combining Ultimate Reward points feel free to ask away and I’ll do my best to get your questions answered!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees