This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
More deals to Asia continue this month with cheap fares from Los Angeles and San Francisco. Quite a few recent deals have been focused on tickets to Hong Kong and Taipei, but today’s flights will take passengers to Thailand. From Bangkok, you can be on the beach in Phuket, Koh Samui or elsewhere in Southeast Asia in just a couple of hours. Flights within the region are typically very inexpensive, making Bangkok a great hub for Southeast Asia travel.
The cheapest fares we found are on China Airlines to Bangkok (BKK) from Los Angeles (LAX) starting at $601. These fares are available for flights almost every day from the end of August through November. There are also some slightly more expensive flights departing from San Francisco (SFO) to Bangkok (BKK), starting around $720 on China Eastern Airlines. Note that these fares appear to only be available through Orbitz.
Here are a few examples of what we found:
Los Angeles (LAX)-Bangkok (BKK) for $601 on China Airlines in October:
Los Angeles (LAX)-Bangkok (BKK) for $601 on China Airlines in November:
San Francisco (SFO)-Bangkok (BKK) for $720 on China Eastern Airlines in November:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases. For more on Bangkok, see Destination of the Week: Bangkok and our hotel review of the W Bangkok.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: JT’s Flight Deals
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards