New Ink Bold Card Benefits and 50,000 Point Sign-up Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
On Friday I initially wrote about Ink Bold’s 50,000 offer going away and new card benefits being announced. Today they officially launched the new card, which also has a 50,000 point sign-up bonus as well as some interesting new benefits.
The major difference is that the old offer (which I also applied for), gave spend threshold spend bonuses: “Annually, once you exceed $25,000 in net purchases you will receive 7,500 bonus points, once you exceed $50,000 in net purchases you will receive an additional 15,000 bonus points, and once you exceed $100,000 in net purchases you will receive an additional 25,000 bonus points.”
The new offer has category bonuses:
Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, on cable and wireless service, and landline communications
Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually on gas and hotels
Additionally, the new card will give Priority Pass membership and waive foreign transaction fees.
So which offer is better? It depends on how much you spend, what you spend it on and what other cards you currently have. For example, the Priority Pass and no foreign transaction fees doesn’t particularly appeal to me since I get a higher version of Priority Pass (Select) with my Amex Platinum and that card and my Sapphire Preferred both don’t have foreign transaction fees.
This new offer does make a lot of sense if you have a lot of office supply/cable/wireless/gas and hotel spend. If you spend a lot on other expenses, getting grandfathered into the older spend bonus categories might have made more sense, since you can earn an additional 47,500 points a year if you spend $100,000 a year or more.
The good thing is that Chase is pretty flexible. Even if you got the old offer last week, you should probably be able to switch to the new one if you want- just send them a secure message and add in a reason (like I really want the spend bonuses and no foreign transaction fees). I think I may keep my spend bonuses and then try to switch to the new product. Either way, it’s interesting to see Chase getting very competitive with Amex’ Business Rewards Gold card! I wouldn’t be surprised to see Amex take the foreign transaction fees off that card as well.
New offer details.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees