300 Membership Rewards Points for Using Amex Platinum at Delta SkyClubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express and Delta are teaming up in May and June to reward Platinum card holders who visit SkyClubs. When you gain entrance with your Platinum card (which is an included benefit of the card, full overview here), you will get a physical coupon that you can redeem for 300 Membership Rewards points. Apparently you can only earn one per club per day, but there are multiple locations in airports like ATL, JFK and DTW, so it may behoove you to go SkyClub hopping to pick up these coupons (and who knows, you may be able to get two from the same lounge if they don’t recognize you when you come back – can’t hurt to try).
I have Delta SkyClub access for being a Diamond Medallion, but I’ll be using my Platinum card for access instead so I can rack up the coupons. 300 points here and there can add up pretty quickly. I won’t be visiting a SkyClub until this Friday, so please feel free to comment below on your success rate.
I started scratching my head when I heard about this promo, because why would Amex want to reward you for using complimentary lounge access that is a part of your Platinum benefits? My guess is that over the next 5 months, American Express will be doing lots of “nice” things to make us all forget that Continental is leaving the Membership Rewards program. While this is a bummer, I personally would rather have the new benefits: $200 in airline fee rebates, Free Global Entry, No Foreign Transaction Fees and Free Priority Pass Select instead of Continental as a transfer partner and lounge access.
While I think Amex has done a great job of beefing up the Platinum card benefits, I’d like to see them sweeten the Membership Rewards to Starwood transfer ratio. Right now its at an uncompetitive 3 Amex equals 1 Starpoint ratio, so I’d love to see it become 1:1 (or even 2:1). Considering they offer the Starwood co-branded credit card, I don’t think it’s that crazy to ponder. Either way, I suspect lots more promos and freebies in the coming months- it’s a good time to be an Amex cardholder!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.