300 Membership Rewards Points for Using Amex Platinum at Delta SkyClubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express and Delta are teaming up in May and June to reward Platinum card holders who visit SkyClubs. When you gain entrance with your Platinum card (which is an included benefit of the card, full overview here), you will get a physical coupon that you can redeem for 300 Membership Rewards points. Apparently you can only earn one per club per day, but there are multiple locations in airports like ATL, JFK and DTW, so it may behoove you to go SkyClub hopping to pick up these coupons (and who knows, you may be able to get two from the same lounge if they don’t recognize you when you come back – can’t hurt to try).
I have Delta SkyClub access for being a Diamond Medallion, but I’ll be using my Platinum card for access instead so I can rack up the coupons. 300 points here and there can add up pretty quickly. I won’t be visiting a SkyClub until this Friday, so please feel free to comment below on your success rate.
I started scratching my head when I heard about this promo, because why would Amex want to reward you for using complimentary lounge access that is a part of your Platinum benefits? My guess is that over the next 5 months, American Express will be doing lots of “nice” things to make us all forget that Continental is leaving the Membership Rewards program. While this is a bummer, I personally would rather have the new benefits: $200 in airline fee rebates, Free Global Entry, No Foreign Transaction Fees and Free Priority Pass Select instead of Continental as a transfer partner and lounge access.
While I think Amex has done a great job of beefing up the Platinum card benefits, I’d like to see them sweeten the Membership Rewards to Starwood transfer ratio. Right now its at an uncompetitive 3 Amex equals 1 Starpoint ratio, so I’d love to see it become 1:1 (or even 2:1). Considering they offer the Starwood co-branded credit card, I don’t think it’s that crazy to ponder. Either way, I suspect lots more promos and freebies in the coming months- it’s a good time to be an Amex cardholder!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees