Flights From the US to India Are About to Get Much Cheaper — From $398 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is a carrier known for its low fares on flights between the US and its fairly extensive route network throughout Europe. And now, the low-cost carrier is taking its route network farther east. On Tuesday, WOW announced that it’s set to launch one-stop service from the US to Delhi, India (DEL).
[Update, 3/28/2019: WOW Air has ceased operations. Find our ongoing coverage of WOW Air’s collapse, and what affected passengers can do about it, here.]
Starting December 5, 2018, WOW will operate with service to DEL, with a stop in the carrier’s base of Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) along the way. When the route launches, flights to DEL will be available from the following US cities: Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (ORD), Pittsburgh (PIT), Detroit (DTW), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX) and St. Louis (STL).
The launch of the new route to DEL marks the first foray into Asia for the low-cost carrier. WOW Air will use its new A330neo aircraft between KEF and DEL. The carrier is set to take delivery of its first A330neo later this year. In total, the aircraft will feature 42 seats in the carrier’s new Premium cabin, and 323 seats in economy — check out this review of a WOW economy flight. The Premium fare offers travelers a bundled package of a WOW Air BigSeat (a wider seat with a foot rest and at least 37 inches of legroom), priority boarding and fast track security, an in-flight meal and drinks, two checked bags, one carry-on item, one personal item and no change fee for reschedule and cancellation protection. WOW says that the Premium package is a “more enhanced” version of the previous Biz product.
You can expect to take advantage of WOW’s signature transatlantic low fares on the new routes to DEL, too. The carrier says that one-way fares in economy will start at $199, and one-way fares in Premium will start at $699. Tickets are on sale now, and you can purchase directly on WOW’s site.
We’re seeing round-trip fares from several US cities to Delhi from $398. Here are some examples of what you can book:
New York (EWR) to Delhi (DEL) for $398 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Delhi (DEL) for $398 round-trip:
St. Louis (STL) to Delhi (DEL) for $398 round-trip:
Note that while WOW’s entry into the India market will be a welcome change for those looking to get to the country for cheap, WOW is still a low-cost carrier. You’ll be charged for things that you might be used to getting for free on other carriers, such as seat assignments, meals, checked baggage and more.
Featured image by Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.