Flights From the US to India Are About to Get Much Cheaper — From $398 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is a carrier known for its low fares on flights between the US and its fairly extensive route network throughout Europe. And now, the low-cost carrier is taking its route network farther east. On Tuesday, WOW announced that it’s set to launch one-stop service from the US to Delhi, India (DEL).
[Update, 3/28/2019: WOW Air has ceased operations. Find our ongoing coverage of WOW Air’s collapse, and what affected passengers can do about it, here.]
Starting December 5, 2018, WOW will operate with service to DEL, with a stop in the carrier’s base of Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) along the way. When the route launches, flights to DEL will be available from the following US cities: Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (ORD), Pittsburgh (PIT), Detroit (DTW), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX) and St. Louis (STL).
The launch of the new route to DEL marks the first foray into Asia for the low-cost carrier. WOW Air will use its new A330neo aircraft between KEF and DEL. The carrier is set to take delivery of its first A330neo later this year. In total, the aircraft will feature 42 seats in the carrier’s new Premium cabin, and 323 seats in economy — check out this review of a WOW economy flight. The Premium fare offers travelers a bundled package of a WOW Air BigSeat (a wider seat with a foot rest and at least 37 inches of legroom), priority boarding and fast track security, an in-flight meal and drinks, two checked bags, one carry-on item, one personal item and no change fee for reschedule and cancellation protection. WOW says that the Premium package is a “more enhanced” version of the previous Biz product.
You can expect to take advantage of WOW’s signature transatlantic low fares on the new routes to DEL, too. The carrier says that one-way fares in economy will start at $199, and one-way fares in Premium will start at $699. Tickets are on sale now, and you can purchase directly on WOW’s site.
We’re seeing round-trip fares from several US cities to Delhi from $398. Here are some examples of what you can book:
New York (EWR) to Delhi (DEL) for $398 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Delhi (DEL) for $398 round-trip:
St. Louis (STL) to Delhi (DEL) for $398 round-trip:
Note that while WOW’s entry into the India market will be a welcome change for those looking to get to the country for cheap, WOW is still a low-cost carrier. You’ll be charged for things that you might be used to getting for free on other carriers, such as seat assignments, meals, checked baggage and more.
Featured image by Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees