Aeroflot is the world’s most on-time airline, report says
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Aeroflot, Russia’s flagship carrier, has been named as the world’s most on-time mainline airline in the “On-Time Performance (OTP) Review” released Jan. 2 by flight-data and analytics firm Cirium.
“Looking at the Russian carrier’s past year it’s clear that as Aeroflot has more controls in place over their environment than most, that helps enormously to drive operational efficiency,” Jeremy Bowen, Cirium’s CEO, said in a statement. “Russia’s successful year continues with Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport also winning the top spot as the most punctual airport.”
Aeroflot is the flagship carrier and largest airline in Russia. The airline’s biggest hub is at the Sheremetyevo airport and the carrier flies to over 140 destinations around the world. Aeroflot is also part of the SkyTeam Alliance.
According to the Cirium data, Aeroflot was on time nearly 87% of the time. Japanese carrier All Nippon Airways (ANA) was just behind Aeroflot with an 86.26% on-time performance. The only U.S. carrier to crack the top three spots was Delta Air Lines, which had an on-time performance review of 85.69%. In North America, Delta, Alaska Airlines and Southwest Airlines took the top three spots.
Cirium says it tracks over 100,000 flights a day and bases its analysis on an 80% coverage requirement for each category. According to the company, an airline’s flight is on-time if the aircraft arrives at the gate under 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time. Airport on-time performance is measured by on-time departing flights.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- American Express Corporate Platinum Card
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
The information for the American Express Corporate Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
And, if your trip is delayed more than 12 hours due to a covered reason, you’ll be eligible for expense reimbursement of up to $300 with these cards:
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.