What happens at Disney World the night after Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
How long does it take your family to pack away Halloween and decorate everything for the holidays? If you groaned and thought days, weeks or longer, you’re probably in good company. Heck, the Halloween sugar hangover itself can last at least a few days. And pumpkins totally work for all of November, yes?
While true in the real world, those sort of real-life issues don’t apply at Disney where magic — or at least the illusion of magic — prevails, even in 2020.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips, please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
When the final Disney’s Magic Kingdom closes for the night on Halloween, the real work begins.
FOR NO COST ASSISTANCE WITH PLANNING AND BOOKING YOUR NEXT DISNEY VACATION, CHECK OUT TPG’S DISNEY BOOKING PARTNER, MOUSE COUNSELORS. HERE’S WHY USING A FREE VACATION PLANNER CAN MAKE YOUR NEXT DISNEY TRIP BETTER.
Disney cast members work some serious magic under the cover of darkness on the night of Oct. 31 and probably into the wee hours of Nov. 1. Any traces of jack-o’-lanterns and all things spooky disappear and the halls are instead decked at Disney World with red and green trimmings. Typically, lots of red and green trimmings.
While the fall holiday decor was a bit subdued at Magic Kingdom this year, Christmas decor looks to be ready to celebrate the holidays based on some looks around social media.
The massive Disney World resort as a whole will unleash the rest of its holiday décor over the coming weeks, but the Magic Kingdom traditionally made its big seasonal shift literally overnight before the park reopened to guests this morning.
Some years on Nov. 1, Disney park visitors note that even Christmas music is playing the day after Halloween.
To give a sense of how massive the transition is, Disney’s Magic Kingdom alone is usually home to 590 garlands (measuring a total of 5,188 feet), 40 Christmas trees and 147 wreaths. The tallest tree in all of Disney World — measuring in at 70 feet — can normally be found at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, a monorail ride away from the Magic Kingdom.
Making the quick leap from Halloween to holidays is a big job that, according to Disney, requires 41 people’s full-time attention year-round and an extra 90 cast members added this time of the year to get everything up (and down) quickly.
While Disney’s typical Christmas festivities like Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party won’t take place this year, you will still be able to get a dose of 2020 holiday magic in the Disney World theme parks and resorts. There are holiday will be decorations, music, themed mini-parades, treats and more starting, well, right this very minute.
Featured photo by David Roark/Disney Parks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees