You’re going to have a new favorite airline after watching these Christmas videos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get your tissues ready, because WestJet‘s annual Christmas video is back and better than ever.
Every year around Christmastime, Canadian low-cost carrier WestJet delights flyers with a heartwarming video to get everyone in the holiday spirit. This year’s theme is “To Give or Receive,” and it’s sure to put a smile on even the Grinch’s face.
In the video, families walk into a winter wonderland inside of Santa’s hat. Before they know it, the airline’s unofficial holiday mascot, Blue Santa, appears on screen. And, of course, the children are delighted. Santa asks them to pick one of the gifts, and explains to the families that he has a little game for them.
Inside the boxes are presents that would make every family’s Christmas wish come true. Think: A WestJet gift card for $2,500; a trip for two anywhere WestJet flies; and two round-trip tickets to London.
But, there’s a catch. The families can keep their fabulous holiday gift, or they can choose to donate it to families who need it at the Ronald McDonald House — a nonprofit that provides support to families whose children have illnesses to keep them close together.
Ebeniza Scrooge (another WestJet character), the lone descendant of Ebeneezer Scrooge, naturally encourages them to keep it for themselves.
In the end, all of the families choose to donate their flights and gift cards to the families in need. Even more, they were all given the opportunity to attend the Ronald McDonald House in South Central Ontario and meet the children whose lives they helped change.
We’re not crying, you’re crying.
Feeling generous this holiday season? (Us, too.) You can donate your miles to a host of charity organizations so they’ll go to those who need them the most. And you can watch WestJet’s 2019 Christmas video here:
If you can’t get enough of WestJet’s Christmas videos, sit back and enjoy the ones from years prior:
- 2012: Christmas Flash Mob
- 2013: Real-Time Giving
- 2014: Spirit of Giving
- 2015: 12,000 Mini Miracles
- 2016: Fort McMurray Strong
- 2017: 12 Flights of Christmas
- 2018: Uniting Through Traditions
Featured photo by Marina Khrapova/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees