Waldorf Astoria Opening First Mexico Property in Los Cabos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
The booming beaches of Los Cabos are set to get yet another luxury hotel in the coming months. Hilton Hotels announced this past week that the hotel chain will open a Waldorf Astoria hotel and resort — the first Waldorf Astoria in Mexico.
The new Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos will not be built from the ground up. Rather, the hotel and resort will take over an existing property, the Resort At Pedregal. The Resort At Pedregal reopened in 2015 after it was damaged by Hurricane Odile in 2014.
Opening in the fourth quarter of 2019, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal will offer guests luxurious amenities and direct beach access. The property will feature 115 guest rooms and suites. By comparison, the Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf Resort, Hilton’s primary property in Los Cabos, features more than twice that number of guest rooms with 375 rooms.
Guest rooms will offer amenities in line with other luxury beachside-properties and range from standard accommodations with ocean views to luxury accommodations with private pools, fire pits and chefs. A standard guest room at the current Resort at Pedregal will set you back upward of $500 per night. Although nightly rates and fees are not yet available, guests can expect similar rates when the hotel relaunches under the Waldorf Astoria brand.
The property will encompass 24 acres and feature three swimming pools, including an infinity pool, saltwater pool and a children’s pool. Other amenities include a spa and fitness center. Dining options will include four options ranging from beachside service to fine dining.
In a press release announcing the new Waldorf Astoria property, Dino Michael, global head of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, said the following:
“As the brand’s first property to debut in Mexico, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal showcases the brand’s commitment to expanding our luxury portfolio to some of the world’s most sought after destinations … We look forward to combining the resort’s exclusive environment and guest-focused comforts with the brand’s unparalleled commitment to personal service, and together, ensuring our guests have the experience of a lifetime.”
The Waldorf Astoria will be Hilton’s only luxury property in the region when it opens.
The property is not available for booking on Hilton’s website nor is it available through third-party online travel agencies. Hilton Honors award rates are also unknown, however, similar Waldorf Astoria properties start around 80,000 points per night.
With the hotel still a few months away from opening its doors to guests as the newly-launched Waldorf Astoria, now is the perfect time to start accumulating Hilton Honors points. For a limited time, the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card is offering a welcome bonus of 125,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first three months.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.