Waldorf Astoria Opening First Mexico Property in Los Cabos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
The booming beaches of Los Cabos are set to get yet another luxury hotel in the coming months. Hilton Hotels announced this past week that the hotel chain will open a Waldorf Astoria hotel and resort — the first Waldorf Astoria in Mexico.
The new Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos will not be built from the ground up. Rather, the hotel and resort will take over an existing property, the Resort At Pedregal. The Resort At Pedregal reopened in 2015 after it was damaged by Hurricane Odile in 2014.
Opening in the fourth quarter of 2019, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal will offer guests luxurious amenities and direct beach access. The property will feature 115 guest rooms and suites. By comparison, the Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf Resort, Hilton’s primary property in Los Cabos, features more than twice that number of guest rooms with 375 rooms.
Guest rooms will offer amenities in line with other luxury beachside-properties and range from standard accommodations with ocean views to luxury accommodations with private pools, fire pits and chefs. A standard guest room at the current Resort at Pedregal will set you back upward of $500 per night. Although nightly rates and fees are not yet available, guests can expect similar rates when the hotel relaunches under the Waldorf Astoria brand.
The property will encompass 24 acres and feature three swimming pools, including an infinity pool, saltwater pool and a children’s pool. Other amenities include a spa and fitness center. Dining options will include four options ranging from beachside service to fine dining.
In a press release announcing the new Waldorf Astoria property, Dino Michael, global head of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, said the following:
“As the brand’s first property to debut in Mexico, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal showcases the brand’s commitment to expanding our luxury portfolio to some of the world’s most sought after destinations … We look forward to combining the resort’s exclusive environment and guest-focused comforts with the brand’s unparalleled commitment to personal service, and together, ensuring our guests have the experience of a lifetime.”
The Waldorf Astoria will be Hilton’s only luxury property in the region when it opens.
The property is not available for booking on Hilton’s website nor is it available through third-party online travel agencies. Hilton Honors award rates are also unknown, however, similar Waldorf Astoria properties start around 80,000 points per night.
With the hotel still a few months away from opening its doors to guests as the newly-launched Waldorf Astoria, now is the perfect time to start accumulating Hilton Honors points. For a limited time, the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card is offering a welcome bonus of 125,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first three months.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees