Virgin Atlantic to launch new route from Manchester to India
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of Oct. 26, 2020, Virgin Atlantic will fly from Manchester (MAN) to Delhi (DEL). The flight will operate with three weekly services between the two cities with an A330-200 aircraft on the following schedule:
- VS318 Manchester (MAN) 4:40 p.m. Departure ⇒ Delhi (DEL) 6:05 a.m. (+1) Arrival — Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- VS319 Delhi (DEL) 8:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Manchester (MAN) 12:10 p.m. Arrival — Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays
Flights for the new route will go on sale as of 3 March, and economy fares will start at £535 return.
Tuesday’s announcement of the new service is the latest in a string of additions that Virgin has been making out of Manchester (MAN). In addition to this new route, Virgin also announced that it’s increasing service from Manchester to Barbados as of January 2021.
“2020 is an extremely exciting year of continued growth for Virgin Atlantic and increasing our presence out of Manchester is a huge focus for us,” Virgin Chief Commercial Officer Juha Jarvinen said in a statement.
The carrier already offers twice daily service between London Heathrow (LHR) and Delhi. In addition to expanding its service from Manchester, Virgin is also adding an additional weekly service between London Heathrow and Havana. Plus, Virgin recently announced that it would begin flying between London Heathrow and Cape Town — a return to the leisure destination that it previously served.
Featured photo by Kriangkrai Thitimakorn/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees