Virgin Atlantic to launch new route from Manchester to India
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of Oct. 26, 2020, Virgin Atlantic will fly from Manchester (MAN) to Delhi (DEL). The flight will operate with three weekly services between the two cities with an A330-200 aircraft on the following schedule:
- VS318 Manchester (MAN) 4:40 p.m. Departure ⇒ Delhi (DEL) 6:05 a.m. (+1) Arrival — Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- VS319 Delhi (DEL) 8:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Manchester (MAN) 12:10 p.m. Arrival — Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays
Flights for the new route will go on sale as of 3 March, and economy fares will start at £535 return.
Tuesday’s announcement of the new service is the latest in a string of additions that Virgin has been making out of Manchester (MAN). In addition to this new route, Virgin also announced that it’s increasing service from Manchester to Barbados as of January 2021.
“2020 is an extremely exciting year of continued growth for Virgin Atlantic and increasing our presence out of Manchester is a huge focus for us,” Virgin Chief Commercial Officer Juha Jarvinen said in a statement.
The carrier already offers twice daily service between London Heathrow (LHR) and Delhi. In addition to expanding its service from Manchester, Virgin is also adding an additional weekly service between London Heathrow and Havana. Plus, Virgin recently announced that it would begin flying between London Heathrow and Cape Town — a return to the leisure destination that it previously served.
Featured photo by Kriangkrai Thitimakorn/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.