Virgin Atlantic Is Making Mocktails the New Cocktails
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hearing the beverage cart roll through the aisle of a plane is typically enough to make the average passenger lift their sleep mask or pause their movie. It’s the best time of the flight — the time for free drinks and snacks. Now, Virgin Atlantic has reshaped its cart inventory with the introduction of a collection of low- and no-alcohol beverages for the month of January.
The menu of beverages, called No Lo, was created in partnership with Seedlip, the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirits, and Regal Rogue, the Australian quaffing vermouth. And all of the current mouth-watering options are available to all classes — that is, economy, premium and first.
The four current beverages (two without alcohol, two with low alcohol) on the menu are the Red Sky at Night, Shepherd’s Delight, The Bold Mule and The Bold Spritz.
The menu’s introduction comes at a time in which there are varying opinions towards alcohol, specifically in the airline industry. We’re in the midst of an era when airlines like Ryanair are trying to limit passengers’ consumption of alcohol following incidents of rowdy customers onboard.
In the words of Mark Murphy, Food and Beverage Manager at Virgin Atlantic, “there’s a big focus across the airline industry on reducing the amount of alcohol consumed in flight, and we’re delighted to be leading the way by offering our customers across all cabins a selection of zero and low alcohol alternatives.”
At the same time, younger generations are backing away from alcohol and have expressed that beverage options beyond soda, juice, coffee and alcohol would make for a more inclusive experience.
Featured image by Fever Tree.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees