Via introduces flat-rate shared rides from LGA for as low as $15
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers can now get from LaGuardia to Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens for as little as $15 round-trip in a shared vehicle, thanks to Via.
The rideshare service is partnering up with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to launch “LGA Connect,” which will provide travelers a ride from the airport to their destination in one of the five boroughs for a flat rate. The program is part of the ongoing effort to alleviate airport congestion by offering convenient and affordable shared rides. Those traveling from LaGuardia to Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens will be able to get a Via for a flat rate of $15 and those traveling to Staten Island or the Bronx will be able to get a Via for $20.
Via’s algorithm will match riders headed in the same direction to a single vehicle. Once confirmed, riders will receive confirmation and driver information like they regularly would. Via says that, “Rides depart within 10 minutes, and passengers will be dropped off at a nearby corner within walking distance of their destination.”
This is good news for those traveling from LaGuardia as surge pricing can really spike during peak hours. In fact, LaGuardia was one of the most expensive airports in the U.S. to travel in and out of in the latest TPG survey, partially because of the cost of ride-hailing. It also doesn’t offer great public-transport options.
Just recently, I was at LaGuardia and decided to check out the new feature for myself, which is when I found out pick-up is only available in terminal C and D.
For those who are unfamiliar with Via, it’s a service similar to Uber and Lyft. However Via calls itself an “on-demand transit system” focused on shared rides, cheaper than individual trips on Uber or Lyft.
Featured photo courtesy of Via
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees