Universal Orlando offers Florida residents unlimited entry for the cost of a one-day ticket
Floridians, rejoice: Right now, when you purchase a single-day two-park ticket to Universal Orlando Resort, you can enter Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure for free every single day through Dec. 24.
This is a pretty spectacular deal for those looking to visit Universal Orlando multiple times in the upcoming months. There are no blackout dates for Floridians, including over the Thanksgiving holiday. This strategy of marketing to locals would align with Disney’s announcements during its most recent investor call that a larger portion of its guests were drive-in locals, compared to historic norms.
Related: Complete guide to Universal Orlando
The base rate for a one-day, park-to-park ticket begins at $164 per adult and $159 per child, with an option to add Volcano Bay water park access for an additional $29 per ticket.
The offer is valid on tickets purchased through Sept. 30. If you want included Express Pass access to reduce your time in line, look to staying somewhere like the Loews Royal Pacific or Loews Portofino Bay.
What’s it like visiting Universal during a pandemic? TPG’s Richard Kerr visited the theme park on reopening day and shared his firsthand experience.
Interested in maximizing using points and miles while there? Check out our guide to using Chase, American Express and Citi points at Universal Orlando.
Featured photo of Hogwarts at Christmas courtesy of Universal Orlando.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.