Universal Orlando offers Florida residents unlimited entry for the cost of a one-day ticket
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Floridians, rejoice: Right now, when you purchase a single-day two-park ticket to Universal Orlando Resort, you can enter Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure for free every single day through Dec. 24.
This is a pretty spectacular deal for those looking to visit Universal Orlando multiple times in the upcoming months. There are no blackout dates for Floridians, including over the Thanksgiving holiday. This strategy of marketing to locals would align with Disney’s announcements during its most recent investor call that a larger portion of its guests were drive-in locals, compared to historic norms.
Related: Complete guide to Universal Orlando
The base rate for a one-day, park-to-park ticket begins at $164 per adult and $159 per child, with an option to add Volcano Bay water park access for an additional $29 per ticket.
The offer is valid on tickets purchased through Sept. 30. If you want included Express Pass access to reduce your time in line, look to staying somewhere like the Loews Royal Pacific or Loews Portofino Bay.
What’s it like visiting Universal during a pandemic? TPG’s Richard Kerr visited the theme park on reopening day and shared his firsthand experience.
Interested in maximizing using points and miles while there? Check out our guide to using Chase, American Express and Citi points at Universal Orlando.
Featured photo of Hogwarts at Christmas courtesy of Universal Orlando.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees