United Revamps In-Flight Menu, Adds New Vegetarian Option
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has updated its on-board food offerings for passengers. The in-flight menu now has updated items available, including a new vegetarian option, and a refresh to the popular burger. These new Bistro on Board options are currently available on most domestic flights of three hours or more departing between 9:45am and 8pm and cost $10.
For the vegetarian passenger, United is changing the Mezze Sampler. The new dish will feature a Greek-style ancient grain salad served with roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, peppers and red onions. All served with side of hummus, falafel and flatbread.
Another new addition to the menu will be a Chicken and Bacon Wrap. The wrap will have roasted chicken strips, bacon, green onion, Cheddar Jack cheese, a Monterey Jack sauce and ranch dressing, served in a grilled Southwestern-style tortilla.
The airline is also giving a refresh to a customer favorite, the cheeseburger. The burger will now be served on brioche bread with fontina cheese. Sir Kensington’s ketchup, mustard and a chipotle mayo will be served along side the burger.
On the snack front, passengers can now expect to find Lillie’s Q Buttermilk Sweet Onion Kettle Chips, Classic Think Jerky Grass Fed Beef Jerky, and Dipin classic hummus served with baked pita chips. The new Snack Shop options are available 24 hours a day on most domestic flights over 90 minuets.
Featured Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.