United Revamps In-Flight Menu, Adds New Vegetarian Option
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has updated its on-board food offerings for passengers. The in-flight menu now has updated items available, including a new vegetarian option, and a refresh to the popular burger. These new Bistro on Board options are currently available on most domestic flights of three hours or more departing between 9:45am and 8pm and cost $10.
For the vegetarian passenger, United is changing the Mezze Sampler. The new dish will feature a Greek-style ancient grain salad served with roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, peppers and red onions. All served with side of hummus, falafel and flatbread.
Another new addition to the menu will be a Chicken and Bacon Wrap. The wrap will have roasted chicken strips, bacon, green onion, Cheddar Jack cheese, a Monterey Jack sauce and ranch dressing, served in a grilled Southwestern-style tortilla.
The airline is also giving a refresh to a customer favorite, the cheeseburger. The burger will now be served on brioche bread with fontina cheese. Sir Kensington’s ketchup, mustard and a chipotle mayo will be served along side the burger.
On the snack front, passengers can now expect to find Lillie’s Q Buttermilk Sweet Onion Kettle Chips, Classic Think Jerky Grass Fed Beef Jerky, and Dipin classic hummus served with baked pita chips. The new Snack Shop options are available 24 hours a day on most domestic flights over 90 minuets.
Featured Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees