This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has updated its on-board food offerings for passengers. The in-flight menu now has updated items available, including a new vegetarian option, and a refresh to the popular burger. These new Bistro on Board options are currently available on most domestic flights of three hours or more departing between 9:45am and 8pm and cost $10.
For the vegetarian passenger, United is changing the Mezze Sampler. The new dish will feature a Greek-style ancient grain salad served with roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, peppers and red onions. All served with side of hummus, falafel and flatbread.
Another new addition to the menu will be a Chicken and Bacon Wrap. The wrap will have roasted chicken strips, bacon, green onion, Cheddar Jack cheese, a Monterey Jack sauce and ranch dressing, served in a grilled Southwestern-style tortilla.
The airline is also giving a refresh to a customer favorite, the cheeseburger. The burger will now be served on brioche bread with fontina cheese. Sir Kensington’s ketchup, mustard and a chipotle mayo will be served along side the burger.
On the snack front, passengers can now expect to find Lillie’s Q Buttermilk Sweet Onion Kettle Chips, Classic Think Jerky Grass Fed Beef Jerky, and Dipin classic hummus served with baked pita chips. The new Snack Shop options are available 24 hours a day on most domestic flights over 90 minuets.
Featured Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees