United Revamps In-Flight Menu, Adds New Vegetarian Option
United Airlines has updated its on-board food offerings for passengers. The in-flight menu now has updated items available, including a new vegetarian option, and a refresh to the popular burger. These new Bistro on Board options are currently available on most domestic flights of three hours or more departing between 9:45am and 8pm and cost $10.
For the vegetarian passenger, United is changing the Mezze Sampler. The new dish will feature a Greek-style ancient grain salad served with roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, peppers and red onions. All served with side of hummus, falafel and flatbread.
Another new addition to the menu will be a Chicken and Bacon Wrap. The wrap will have roasted chicken strips, bacon, green onion, Cheddar Jack cheese, a Monterey Jack sauce and ranch dressing, served in a grilled Southwestern-style tortilla.
The airline is also giving a refresh to a customer favorite, the cheeseburger. The burger will now be served on brioche bread with fontina cheese. Sir Kensington’s ketchup, mustard and a chipotle mayo will be served along side the burger.
On the snack front, passengers can now expect to find Lillie’s Q Buttermilk Sweet Onion Kettle Chips, Classic Think Jerky Grass Fed Beef Jerky, and Dipin classic hummus served with baked pita chips. The new Snack Shop options are available 24 hours a day on most domestic flights over 90 minuets.
Featured Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.