United bringing massive ‘high-J’ business cabin to more Chicago flights
United Airlines flyers in Chicago will soon have even more opportunities to score business-class awards and upgrades on flights to London.
Beginning Nov. 14, all three of United’s Chicago (ORD)-London (LHR) flights will be operated by the carrier’s unique “high-J” Boeing 767-300ER, with a massive Polaris business cabin that sports a total of 46 seats (one of which is reserved as a pilot crew rest). You should see the new cabin maps appear beginning Saturday (Oct. 5).
Currently, the airline operates one “high-J” aircraft and two with 30 seats each between Chicago and London, so this change represents a daily capacity boost of 32 seats in business class.
The refreshed plane also adds a 22-seat Premium Plus (premium economy) cabin, with Economy Plus adding one seat, for a total of 47, and regular economy dropping way down from 138 seats to just 52. As a result, economy saver awards and discounted fares may be more difficult to come by, though the increase in business and premium-economy capacity will certainly bring some relief.
For more on United’s “high-J” 767, see:
- First Look at United’s Wild New 46-Polaris-Seat 767-300ER
- 16 Rows of Biz: Reviewing Polaris on United’s ‘High-J’ 767-300ER
- ‘High-J’ Boeing 767 is Coming to All of United’s Newark-London Flights
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.