United bringing massive ‘high-J’ business cabin to more Chicago flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines flyers in Chicago will soon have even more opportunities to score business-class awards and upgrades on flights to London.
Beginning Nov. 14, all three of United’s Chicago (ORD)-London (LHR) flights will be operated by the carrier’s unique “high-J” Boeing 767-300ER, with a massive Polaris business cabin that sports a total of 46 seats (one of which is reserved as a pilot crew rest). You should see the new cabin maps appear beginning Saturday (Oct. 5).
Currently, the airline operates one “high-J” aircraft and two with 30 seats each between Chicago and London, so this change represents a daily capacity boost of 32 seats in business class.
The refreshed plane also adds a 22-seat Premium Plus (premium economy) cabin, with Economy Plus adding one seat, for a total of 47, and regular economy dropping way down from 138 seats to just 52. As a result, economy saver awards and discounted fares may be more difficult to come by, though the increase in business and premium-economy capacity will certainly bring some relief.
For more on United’s “high-J” 767, see:
- First Look at United’s Wild New 46-Polaris-Seat 767-300ER
- 16 Rows of Biz: Reviewing Polaris on United’s ‘High-J’ 767-300ER
- ‘High-J’ Boeing 767 is Coming to All of United’s Newark-London Flights
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.