United’s new map-based search tool lets you search by destination, activity or cheapest prices
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tracking coronavirus restrictions has become a full-time job — literally, for some. TPG has published multiple reopening guides, while at least one tech company provides real-time COVID-19 restrictions for more than 120 countries worldwide.
And now, United Airlines is jumping in the fray, thanks to Google-powered data.
The map utilizes Google Flights technology, which allows travelers to set budget limits for destinations featuring their ideal activities such as sunning by the beach, skiing, hiking and more.
You can find the new map and budget search function on the homepage at united.com, highlighted below in red.
Alternatively, travelers can choose “filter by interest” to select their preferred activities.
Quarantine restrictions now available as well
Clicking on a state provides a brief summary of requirements, color-coded to show ease of travel. Each state on the country map is also shaded according to a legend.
Travelers entering New York, for instance, are required to quarantine when coming from certain blacklisted states and territories. United’s new map specifies the entry restrictions, but also offers a helpful button to click for more information.
Detailed information includes quarantine and COVID test requirements, as well as forms, social distancing protocols and mask requirements in that state. The site also includes shop, tourist and museum attraction restrictions, plus restaurant and bar limitations, if any.
The map page also includes a text-based section with individual state restrictions, which is handy for people who prefer words over images.
As of now, the map only shows U.S. states, and does not include territories such as Puerto Rico or Guam. However, you can find international information and other domestic destinations via DragonSlayer, a web-based tool designed for travel agents to quickly find local COVID-19 restrictions and information.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees