United opening Clear checkpoints at Chicago O’Hare, final U.S. hub
Security screening is about to become a bit more manageable for United Airliners flyers at Chicago O’Hare — at least those of you lucky enough to have a Clear membership, now available at a discounted rate for MileagePlus members (and free for top-tier elites).
As of Tuesday, Clear will be available at Chicago O’Hare (ORD)’s Terminal 1, including one lane for PreCheck customers at Checkpoint 2 and a standard security lane at Checkpoint 1. Clear will open at Terminal 2 “in the coming weeks,” according to a United spokesperson.
While Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are most convenient for United Airlines flyers, O’Hare’s terminals are connected airside, so it is possible to use the new Clear checkpoints even if you’re flying another carrier — assuming you’re up for a bit of a hike to the gate.
A standard Clear membership will run you $179 per year, but there are a number of options to get it at a significantly reduced rate. The American Express® Green Card offers an up to $100 statement credit when you use the card to purchase a membership each year. Additionally, TPG readers can use the promo code TPG149 to get a discounted membership of $149 for the first year, or use the promo code TPG2M to get a two-month free trial membership.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
United also partners with Clear, offering a free membership to Premier 1K and Global Services elites, or a discounted fee of $119 per year to general MileagePlus members. Meanwhile, Premier Silver, Gold and Platinum elites and customers with cards like like the United Explorer Card or United Club Infinite Card can get CLEAR for $109 per year.
Featured photo by Victoria Walker/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.