United is adding Oreo Thins to the economy snack mix
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 2/20/20: United reached out to clarify that Biscoff cookies will return in May.
How fun — I get to write about my favorite “healthy” snack! Oreo Thins, those crispy, light, sliver-of-cream-filled chocolate cookies will take to the skies soon, headed to a United Airlines economy cabin near you.
Recently, United shifted to serving onboard snacks from a basket, giving customers a chance to review all of their choices before making a pick. That’s where economy flyers should expect to see the new addition appear, replacing Biscoff cookies on United and United Express flights.
The airline issued a statement confirming the new addition:
Our complimentary snack options continue to be a hit and we’re always looking for opportunities to introduce new selections. We plan to add Oreo Thins into the mix soon and look forward to the response from our customers.
According to Live and Let’s Fly, United Airlines will offer Oreo Thins beginning March 1, alongside pretzels and those beloved stroopwafels, another snacker favorite. Meanwhile, Premier 1K and Global Services members get their pick of a snack box or meal, but top elites can always request the regular economy snack in addition, too.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.