United Airlines’ Stroopwafel Isn’t Just for Breakfast Anymore
The stroopwafel isn’t just for breakfast anymore.
Beginning today, United Airlines is offering the Dutch-inspired caramel-filled waffle all day long on its flights.
The stroopwafel, previously only available on flights departing before 9:45am, now will be one of three complimentary inflight snack options available to economy passengers on United’s domestic flights.
Other choices will include pretzels and a third option that will rotate throughout the year. Currently, the third choice is Byrd’s maple wafers.
“Since we reintroduced free snacks a few years ago, our customers have come to look forward to enjoying their personal favorites on board – whether it be the stroopwafel, our exclusive maple wafers or the classic pretzels,” Toby Enqvist, United’s Chief Customer Officer, says in a statement. “Now we’re going a step further and when it comes to snacks, every customer wins since our entire inflight snack lineup is available to choose from no matter the time of day.”
The complimentary snack line-up was reintroduced into economy flights in late 2015. The no-charge snacks are offered in addition to United’s for-pay “Choice Menu” items that range from small snacks like Pringles ($4) and M&Ms ($4) to more robust breakfast, lunch and dinner options that cost up to $10.
The availability of the Choice Menu options vary by flight, with more bigger bits typically offered on flights of three hours or more.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.