This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines took delivery of its first Boeing 787-10, the largest 787 model, earlier this month. While the airline first announced that the aircraft would launch on its route between Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX), followed by EWR and San Francisco (SFO) in Jan. 2019, United announced on Wednesday that it’ll also soon fly to several European destinations — a rumor that turned out to be true.
Beginning March 30, 2019, and throughout the following two months, UA will launch six transatlantic routes from its Newark hub using the latest 787-10 aircraft. The tickets on the following routes will be available for purchase beginning Dec. 3.
Newark (EWR) to Frankfurt (FRA) — beginning March 30
- UA960 Newark (EWR) 7:50pm Departure ⇒ Frankfurt (FRA) 9:20am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Tel Aviv (TLV) — beginning March 30
- UA84 Newark (EWR) 4:55pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 10:15am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG) — beginning April 29
- UA57 Newark (EWR) 6:40pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 7:45am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) — beginning April 29
- UA120 Newark (EWR) 7:30pm Departure ⇒ Barcelona (BCN) 9am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Brussels (BRU) — beginning May 22
- UA999 Newark (EWR) 6:30pm Departure ⇒ Brussels (BRU) 7:45am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Dublin (DUB) — beginning May 22
- UA23 Newark (EWR) 7:25pm Departure ⇒ Dublin (DUB) 7:05am (+1) Arrival
The UA 787-10 Dreamliner will be the first in the airline’s Dreamliner family, which also features the 787-8 and 787-9, to offer the new Polaris business-class seat; there will be 44 available on each plane. In addition, there are 21 Premium Plus (premium economy) seats, 54 Economy Plus seats and 199 standard economy seats.
Currently, United operates a Boeing 777 aircraft on several of these European routes. A United spokesperson told TPG that some of those 777s will go into Polaris conversion, while some will be used in markets that the airline will upgauge, an industry term for putting more capacity on a route by using larger airplanes.
The 787-10 is 18 feet longer than the 787-9 and can carry both more passengers and cargo.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel