United Will Fly Its New Boeing 787-10s on 6 European Routes From Newark
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines took delivery of its first Boeing 787-10, the largest 787 model, earlier this month. While the airline first announced that the aircraft would launch on its route between Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX), followed by EWR and San Francisco (SFO) in Jan. 2019, United announced on Wednesday that it’ll also soon fly to several European destinations — a rumor that turned out to be true.
Beginning March 30, 2019, and throughout the following two months, UA will launch six transatlantic routes from its Newark hub using the latest 787-10 aircraft. The tickets on the following routes will be available for purchase beginning Dec. 3.
Newark (EWR) to Frankfurt (FRA) — beginning March 30
- UA960 Newark (EWR) 7:50pm Departure ⇒ Frankfurt (FRA) 9:20am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Tel Aviv (TLV) — beginning March 30
- UA84 Newark (EWR) 4:55pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 10:15am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG) — beginning April 29
- UA57 Newark (EWR) 6:40pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 7:45am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) — beginning April 29
- UA120 Newark (EWR) 7:30pm Departure ⇒ Barcelona (BCN) 9am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Brussels (BRU) — beginning May 22
- UA999 Newark (EWR) 6:30pm Departure ⇒ Brussels (BRU) 7:45am (+1) Arrival
Newark (EWR) to Dublin (DUB) — beginning May 22
- UA23 Newark (EWR) 7:25pm Departure ⇒ Dublin (DUB) 7:05am (+1) Arrival
The UA 787-10 Dreamliner will be the first in the airline’s Dreamliner family, which also features the 787-8 and 787-9, to offer the new Polaris business-class seat; there will be 44 available on each plane. In addition, there are 21 Premium Plus (premium economy) seats, 54 Economy Plus seats and 199 standard economy seats.
Currently, United operates a Boeing 777 aircraft on several of these European routes. A United spokesperson told TPG that some of those 777s will go into Polaris conversion, while some will be used in markets that the airline will upgauge, an industry term for putting more capacity on a route by using larger airplanes.
The 787-10 is 18 feet longer than the 787-9 and can carry both more passengers and cargo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees