Uber rolls out new airport perks ahead of stressful holiday travel season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 27, those who take an UberX to San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago (ORD) and Washington-Dulles (IAD) will receive a $25 credit to use toward a future Uber Comfort ride. The promo is good for one year, so you don’t necessarily have to use it over the holidays (but you may want to).
For those unfamiliar with Uber Comfort, it’s essentially the premium economy of ride-hailing services. The vehicles are an in-between from UberX and Black cars, giving you more room to stretch out, the option to preselect temperature preferences and conversation topics. So if you want a warm, quiet ride from the airport then that’s what you’ll get.
If you’re flying out of Chicago (ORD) between Dec. 7, 2019 and Jan. 3, 2020, you can also enjoy the Uber Comfort Club in Terminal 2. This space will be reserved for economy travelers to relax and unwind before jetting off. The club will be located in the hallway that connects passengers to Terminal 3. All you have to do to get in is show your economy boarding pass. Here’s a sneak peak at what the pop-up will look like:
Inside guests will receive exclusive Comfort Kits complete with an eye mask, fuzzy travel socks, ear plugs and a promo code for Uber Comfort rides. The purpose of the “lounge” if you will, is to showcase the highlights of Uber Comfort. There will be spaces designated to chat as well as quiet areas featuring noise canceling headphones. All guests will receive complimentary hot and cold beverages, according to Uber.
Finally, Uber Copter will operate on Sunday, Dec. 1 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. from New York (JFK) to Manhattan. Earlier this fall, TPG editor Brendan Dorsey tried out the Uber Copter service. At that time, a one-way trip cost between $200 and $225, with pricing fluctuating based on demand. During the period above, save 25% off your first Uber Copter flight by using the promo code FIRSTCOPTER — you’ll just need to make sure you’re an Uber Rewards member.
Related: Best credit cards for Uber
Traveling during the holidays can be very stressful, but we’ve got some tips for making it a little more enjoyable. Taking precautionary measures and knowing what to expect can make all the difference. However, sometimes there’s just no avoiding the inevitable headache of a crowded airport. After a day of battling the crowds, it’s understand that travelers just want to get home and unwind. These holiday perks may help you do just that while hopefully lifting your mood as well.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees