Hail yes: Uber credits just got easier to use for Amex Platinum and Centurion cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or are a Centurion card holder, using the Uber credits that come as a cardholder perk just got easier. Starting in September, the credit will be automatically added to your next ride each month.
In the past, it hasn’t always been easy to use this lucrative perk. The $15 credits had to be applied to your Uber Cash balance, and then users had to manually select Uber Cash as the payment method in order to use the credits. And if you didn’t specifically request to use your credit by opting to pay with Uber Cash, it would sit in your balance until it disappeared at the end of the month, replaced by another 15 bucks (or $20 in December) you’d need to go out of your way to use.
Now, you can take advantage of the credits without having to even think about it.
The Uber credit perk for Amex Platinum and Centurion cardholders comes with VIP Uber status and a $200 Uber credit each year split into monthly $15 credits for U.S. rides, plus a bonus $20 in December. Make sure to add your Amex Platinum card as your payment method to your Uber account in advance and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app. If you’re on an iOS device that means version 3.363 or later or version 4.274 if you’re an Android user.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Olly Curtis/Future via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees