Hail yes: Uber credits just got easier to use for Amex Platinum and Centurion cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or are a Centurion card holder, using the Uber credits that come as a cardholder perk just got easier. Starting in September, the credit will be automatically added to your next ride each month.
In the past, it hasn’t always been easy to use this lucrative perk. The $15 credits had to be applied to your Uber Cash balance, and then users had to manually select Uber Cash as the payment method in order to use the credits. And if you didn’t specifically request to use your credit by opting to pay with Uber Cash, it would sit in your balance until it disappeared at the end of the month, replaced by another 15 bucks (or $20 in December) you’d need to go out of your way to use.
Now, you can take advantage of the credits without having to even think about it.
The Uber credit perk for Amex Platinum and Centurion cardholders comes with VIP Uber status and a $200 Uber credit each year split into monthly $15 credits for U.S. rides, plus a bonus $20 in December. Make sure to add your Amex Platinum card as your payment method to your Uber account in advance and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app. If you’re on an iOS device that means version 3.363 or later or version 4.274 if you’re an Android user.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Olly Curtis/Future via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.