TWA Hotel Now Charging Non-Hotel Guests to Access Observation Deck & Pool
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers passing through JFK hoping to take a dip in the pool at the TWA Hotel will now have to pay up before taking a plunge.
The TWA Hotel has begun charging all non-hotel guests to access the stunning pool and observation deck, as reported by One Mile At A Time. Non-guests may access the pool by reaching a required minimum spend of at $50 plus a 20% gratuity at the pool’s restaurant and bar, or by purchasing a day pass. Day pass pricing varies based on whether you visit during the week or on a weekend. Guest access remains unaffected by these changes.
The new non-hotel guest pricing is as follows:
- Weekday Day Pass: $25
- Weekend Day Pass: $50
- Minimum Spend at Restaurant/Bar: $50 plus 20% gratuity
Non-guests who reach the minimum spend at the restaurant and bar will be able to access the pool without paying for a day pass. However, there is a two-hour maximum. Day passes are available from 11 AM till 11 PM. The hotel recommends that all visitors purchase a day pass via the TWA Hotel website prior to arriving at the pool.
Previously, the TWA Hotel allowed non-hotel guests to make a reservation at the observation deck free of charge via the TWA Hotel’s website.
As mentioned, registered guests staying at the hotel can still access the pool free of charge but need to make reservations for a spot at the restaurant and bar. Additionally, hotel guests can bring non-guests to the rooftop pool for $25 per person.
The TWA Hotel features a whopping 512 guest rooms. Its 10,000-square-foot observation deck features a full bar with special cocktails like the Mile High Spritz and the Watermelon Collins, and offers a food menu served from a full kitchen.
The Points Guy has reached out to the TWA Hotel for comment but has not received a response.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.