TWA Hotel Now Charging Non-Hotel Guests to Access Observation Deck & Pool
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers passing through JFK hoping to take a dip in the pool at the TWA Hotel will now have to pay up before taking a plunge.
The TWA Hotel has begun charging all non-hotel guests to access the stunning pool and observation deck, as reported by One Mile At A Time. Non-guests may access the pool by reaching a required minimum spend of at $50 plus a 20% gratuity at the pool’s restaurant and bar, or by purchasing a day pass. Day pass pricing varies based on whether you visit during the week or on a weekend. Guest access remains unaffected by these changes.
The new non-hotel guest pricing is as follows:
- Weekday Day Pass: $25
- Weekend Day Pass: $50
- Minimum Spend at Restaurant/Bar: $50 plus 20% gratuity
Non-guests who reach the minimum spend at the restaurant and bar will be able to access the pool without paying for a day pass. However, there is a two-hour maximum. Day passes are available from 11 AM till 11 PM. The hotel recommends that all visitors purchase a day pass via the TWA Hotel website prior to arriving at the pool.
Previously, the TWA Hotel allowed non-hotel guests to make a reservation at the observation deck free of charge via the TWA Hotel’s website.
As mentioned, registered guests staying at the hotel can still access the pool free of charge but need to make reservations for a spot at the restaurant and bar. Additionally, hotel guests can bring non-guests to the rooftop pool for $25 per person.
The TWA Hotel features a whopping 512 guest rooms. Its 10,000-square-foot observation deck features a full bar with special cocktails like the Mile High Spritz and the Watermelon Collins, and offers a food menu served from a full kitchen.
The Points Guy has reached out to the TWA Hotel for comment but has not received a response.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees