TPG reader credit card question: How many Amex Offers can you have at once?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we spend a lot of time considering whether our credit cards are worth the annual fees they charge, usually focusing on bonus categories, statement credits and luxury travel perks.
New to The Points Guy? Want to learn more about credit card points and miles? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
TPG reader Shana wants to know how many Amex offers you can have at one time.
Does anyone know what the maximum number of Amex Offers you can have at one time is? I noticed that none of my cards had more than 100 offers available, so I added a few and the number went back up to 100.SHANA
There are two parts to this question: How many Amex Offers can you have available to you at once, and how many can you enroll in?
How many Amex Offers are available to you?
While the Amex Offers terms and conditions make no mention of any formal limit, Shana is correct that no card will have more than 100 Amex Offers available on it at once. In fact, when I checked my Amex account before writing this post, all of my cards had exactly 100 Amex Offers available on them.
To test Shana’s hypothesis, I started adding offers to my Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, which is the card I’ve been using for most of my expenses this year. I added several offers and refreshed the page. My available offers went right back up to 100!
Why does this matter?
Not all Amex Offers are created equal, and some are much more valuable or have a much broader appeal than others. If there’s a popular offer floating around that you don’t see on any of your cards, it might be worth adding a bunch of less useful offers to your card to see if your Amex Offers list replenishes with more valuable ones.
Related: Your ultimate guide to Amex Offers
How many Amex Offers can you add to your card at once?
I added every last offer available to my Amex Bonvoy Business and topped out at 124, as you can see below. The seven offers still “available” aren’t Amex Offers but instead invites to take advantage of other card benefits.
I then added as many offers as possible to The Platinum Card® from American Express and topped out at 122 offers. There’s just one caution about blindly adding Amex Offers to your card: You can’t add the same offer to more than one card.
Some offers appear on more than one of your cards. Once you add it to a card, it will disappear as an option for the rest of your cards. Here is a screenshot of another one of my Amex cards after adding a total of 226 offers to my other cards. Only 35 offers are available on this card because I added most of its options to other cards.
Once added to a card, you can’t move it to another. That’s not always optimal because some offers are more useful on specific cards. For example, if you have a statement credit for $10 back at a restaurant but you’re traveling abroad, you’ll want to add the offer to a card that waives foreign transaction fees.
Amex’s user interface only allows you to see up to 100 Amex Offers per card at a time. This may be all the available offers on that account, but there might be several more that you can’t see. While I don’t recommend saving every possible offer to your card, it might be worth adding a handful to make sure you see everything that’s out there.
Featured image by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees