Watch a Tornado Rip Across Fort Lauderdale Airport
Passengers at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) had a frightening afternoon on Tuesday when stormy Florida weather turned into a tornado near one of the airport’s runways.
A flyer in the airport caught cell phone video of the storm ripping through the airport, hovering near several Southwest aircraft parked at gates.
CHECK THIS OUT!
Airport goers in Fort Lauderdale, FL got a scare on Tuesday when they saw this, a confirmed EF-0 tornado! You can see debris flying and a large van rocking right below the window. #Tornado #FortLauderdaleairport pic.twitter.com/H3zDXsfOhc
— WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) April 11, 2018
The tornado was an EF0, meaning its estimated wind speeds were less than 85 miles per hour. The National Weather Service said the tornado touched down at about 4:30pm and moved east at about 25mph.
Flights at Fort Lauderdale Airport were delayed Tuesday due to the storms. The airport tweeted that its north runway was closed from 4:30pm to 7:00pm due to the weather, but normal operations quickly resumed.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.