This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, one of the world’s largest music festivals, kicks off next Friday in Southern California’s Coachella Valley.
American Express and Marriott both have exclusive experiences in conjunction with Coachella. Marriott and SPG Rewards members are invited to the loyalty tent in the general admission area. The tent includes amenities like free wi-fi, frozen treats and comfortable seating. Marriott and SPG elites get access to even more preferred seating and refreshments — they’ll also enjoy access to skin treatments with chilled jade rollers and rose water face mists.
Remember that the Platinum Card from American Express offers complimentary SPG Gold Status. The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card offers cardholders 15 elite night credits each year — enough to qualify automatically for Silver Elite status.
The hotel chain allowed rewards members to bid on packages that included a stay at one of three designer yurts at Coachella’s VIP campground. Unfortunately, all auctions have already closed.
American Express will reopen its Platinum House at the Parker Palm Springs for its second year. The house will only be open for Coachella’s first weekend from 11am to 5pm on Saturday April 14 and Sunday April 15.
Activities include SoulCycle classes taught by Senior Master Instructor Stacey Griffith in the morning and an afternoon packed with performances from musical artists like Justine Skye and Julia Michaels. TPG himself plans on attending Saturday afternoon — he completely soaked up the experience last year.
Amex cardmembers get access to a variety of complimentary perks at Coachella, including a $10 statement credit after spending $10 at participating Coachella vendors. You’ll need to download the Coachella app and enroll your Amex card in the app to be eligible. Other perks include a free ferris wheel ride for you and a guest, access to the priority Uber lane and admission to the Amex Card Member Club for you and three guests.
Featured image by Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for Coachella.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees