Join Me at Coachella With American Express This Weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Heading to Coachella this weekend? So am I, and I’ll be hanging out at the American Express Platinum House at the Parker Hotel. If you’re an American Express Platinum Card member, you can also bring three guests (pending capacity) on a first-come, first-serve basis between 11:00am-5:00pm on both this Saturday, April 15th and Sunday, April 16th. Inside the Platinum House on both days, you’ll have exclusive access to SoulCycle classes instructed by Senior Master Instructor and Platinum Collective member Stacey Griffith, (you can sign up here) as well as premium food and drinks. On Saturday there will be a DJ set by Hannah Bronfman and a special performance by Bebe Rexha.
If you won’t be in Palm Springs this weekend you can experience the house with me on Saturday since I’ll be doing a Facebook Live around 1:30pm PST with Stacey Griffith, SoulCycle Senior Master Instructor and Platinum Collective member and Janey Whiteside, SVP and GM of Global Charge Card Products, Benefits and Services at American Express and one of the masterminds behind the Platinum Card’s suite of benefits. If you have any questions you’d like me to ask them, comment below or email FBLive@thepointsguy.com.
If you’re not a Platinum Card Member, you can take advantage of other perks offered by Amex in conjunction with Coachella. Festival attendees, for example, will be able to check out the new Amex tent, which will offer robot-powered interactive video technology so you can star in your own music video.
Card Members can also enroll an eligible Amex Card in the official Coachella app to get a spend $10 get $10 back offer at eligible Coachella merchants, and additional festival rewards throughout the weekend. This year, the Amex integration is available on iOS and Andriod.
This year, Amex also offered all Platinum cardholders the chance to get a By Invitation Only package. The BIO package, which is sold out for this year, included a VIP pass to the festival, dinner in the rose garden, a $100 food and beverage voucher per day, complimentary festival parking, commemorative merchandise and more. If you’re a cardholder make sure you check the By Invitation Only site regularly – I’ve done several events and they’re always top notch – like the Kentucky Derby experience and even walking the red carpet at the Spectre premiere in Mexico City.
See you at the Platinum House at the Parker Palm Springs on Saturday and you can also spot me at the festival pretty easily – just look for the 6’7″ dude jamming to Lady Gaga!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees