The W Hotel’s New Room Service Will Set You Back Nearly $400
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The W Hotel in Washington DC is now catering — pun totally intended — to a very specific crowd: mukbang enthusiasts, the video genre that started in Korea and has become widespread across the globe. No, mukbang isn’t some type of rare or exotic cuisine, rather it’s a type of online video featuring a person or a group of people eating a massive amount of food. 2019 sure is an… interesting time to be alive.
Now, the W Hotel in Washington DC is even onboard, having released its own mukbang room service menu and a video featuring “Queer Eye” star Antoni Porowski to promote the hotel and its new room service option to go along with it.
The Sip and Slurp menu, as it’s been dubbed, requires minimum of one hour to reach your room, and you better be very hungry — or have plenty of guests — when it shows up because it’s a lot of food:
- Aloha Y’all: Tasso ham, caramelized pineapple, tomato, basil, mozzarella
- Farmhouse Quaker: smoked mozzarella, potato, red onions, crispy duck, farm egg
- Cherry Burger: 0.5 lb house blend Creekstone Farms beef, red onion marmalade, raclette, Dijonnaise
- The Big Belly Burger: double beef patties, Cheddar, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, pickles & W1 sauce
- Old School Surf & Turf: filet mignon, butter-poached lobster tail, steak fries
- Cheese & Charcuterie Board: pickles, mustard, breads, crackers, compote
- XL Crispy French Fries: truffle aioli
- Carrot Cake Tower: sweet carrot sauce, streusel
- Just Like Grandma’s Cherry Pie: served on cast iron with vanilla ice cream
Unsurprisingly, the hotel’s Sip & Slurp room service option isn’t cheap, with a base price of $285. An additional 5% delivery charge, 16% service charge, 5% administrative fee along with DC’s 10% sales tax brings your total up to a whopping $388.
Along with all of that food, you will also get a phone stand and mic — which is yours to keep — to make streaming or recording your mukbang of the Sip & Slurp easy. The Sip & Slurp will be available for guests to order through the end of 2019 at the W Hotel Washington DC and is a part of the hotel promoting its new $50 million renovations to the property.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees