The Hello Kitty Plane Has a New Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all Hello Kitty fans! The ultimate Hello Kitty jet just announced a new destination in the US: Los Angeles.
EVA Air is bringing its popular Hello Kitty livery jet back to LAX, a destination it stopped serving in 2014. The specially painted aircraft returns to its route from LAX to Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). EVA will dedicate three of its 21 nonstop roundtrip weekly flights to the route:
EVA flight BR05 from LAX to TPE will depart at 11:55am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
The return flight BR06 TPE to LAX departs at 10:10am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
EVA Air partnered with Sanrio to design the livery and in-flight service items. Both the interior and exterior design is decked out with Hello Kitty. Everything is specially designed with the adorable cartoon character — from the boarding passes to the bathrooms and even the meal items. The aircraft interior features Hello Kitty headrest covers, pillows, tissues, hand soap, utensils and snacks. Even the cabin crew wears light-green Hello Kitty Jet uniforms.
In 2013, EVA Air offered the Hello Kitty service LAX to TPE but stopped the service in 2014. The Taiwanese-based airline currently has the Hello Kitty jet on routes within Asia and to Chicago (ORD). TPG writer Kevin Song got the full Hello Kitty experience on the ORD to TPE flight in 2017, which he said provided great service.
Photo by Cy Speed/Flickr
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee