This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all Hello Kitty fans! The ultimate Hello Kitty jet just announced a new destination in the US: Los Angeles.
EVA Air is bringing its popular Hello Kitty livery jet back to LAX, a destination it stopped serving in 2014. The specially painted aircraft returns to its route from LAX to Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). EVA will dedicate three of its 21 nonstop roundtrip weekly flights to the route:
EVA flight BR05 from LAX to TPE will depart at 11:55am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
The return flight BR06 TPE to LAX departs at 10:10am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
EVA Air partnered with Sanrio to design the livery and in-flight service items. Both the interior and exterior design is decked out with Hello Kitty. Everything is specially designed with the adorable cartoon character — from the boarding passes to the bathrooms and even the meal items. The aircraft interior features Hello Kitty headrest covers, pillows, tissues, hand soap, utensils and snacks. Even the cabin crew wears light-green Hello Kitty Jet uniforms.
In 2013, EVA Air offered the Hello Kitty service LAX to TPE but stopped the service in 2014. The Taiwanese-based airline currently has the Hello Kitty jet on routes within Asia and to Chicago (ORD). TPG writer Kevin Song got the full Hello Kitty experience on the ORD to TPE flight in 2017, which he said provided great service.
Photo by Cy Speed/Flickr
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees