This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all Hello Kitty fans! The ultimate Hello Kitty jet just announced a new destination in the US: Los Angeles.
EVA Air is bringing its popular Hello Kitty livery jet back to LAX, a destination it stopped serving in 2014. The specially painted aircraft returns to its route from LAX to Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). EVA will dedicate three of its 21 nonstop roundtrip weekly flights to the route:
EVA flight BR05 from LAX to TPE will depart at 11:55am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
The return flight BR06 TPE to LAX departs at 10:10am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
EVA Air partnered with Sanrio to design the livery and in-flight service items. Both the interior and exterior design is decked out with Hello Kitty. Everything is specially designed with the adorable cartoon character — from the boarding passes to the bathrooms and even the meal items. The aircraft interior features Hello Kitty headrest covers, pillows, tissues, hand soap, utensils and snacks. Even the cabin crew wears light-green Hello Kitty Jet uniforms.
In 2013, EVA Air offered the Hello Kitty service LAX to TPE but stopped the service in 2014. The Taiwanese-based airline currently has the Hello Kitty jet on routes within Asia and to Chicago (ORD). TPG writer Kevin Song got the full Hello Kitty experience on the ORD to TPE flight in 2017, which he said provided great service.
Photo by Cy Speed/Flickr
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards