The Hello Kitty Plane Has a New Route
Calling all Hello Kitty fans! The ultimate Hello Kitty jet just announced a new destination in the US: Los Angeles.
EVA Air is bringing its popular Hello Kitty livery jet back to LAX, a destination it stopped serving in 2014. The specially painted aircraft returns to its route from LAX to Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). EVA will dedicate three of its 21 nonstop roundtrip weekly flights to the route:
EVA flight BR05 from LAX to TPE will depart at 11:55am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
The return flight BR06 TPE to LAX departs at 10:10am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
EVA Air partnered with Sanrio to design the livery and in-flight service items. Both the interior and exterior design is decked out with Hello Kitty. Everything is specially designed with the adorable cartoon character — from the boarding passes to the bathrooms and even the meal items. The aircraft interior features Hello Kitty headrest covers, pillows, tissues, hand soap, utensils and snacks. Even the cabin crew wears light-green Hello Kitty Jet uniforms.
In 2013, EVA Air offered the Hello Kitty service LAX to TPE but stopped the service in 2014. The Taiwanese-based airline currently has the Hello Kitty jet on routes within Asia and to Chicago (ORD). TPG writer Kevin Song got the full Hello Kitty experience on the ORD to TPE flight in 2017, which he said provided great service.
Photo by Cy Speed/Flickr
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.