The Bellagio Has a Game of Thrones Fountain Display
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The final season of Game of Thrones is coming, and with less than two weeks until the long-awaited start of season eight, the Bellagio is bringing winter to Las Vegas. The world-famous fountain show will feature a nearly four-minute Game of Thrones spectacle that will run three times per night between now and April 13 — the day before the season premiere.
Projections of snowfall, flames, flying dragons, and an appearance from the Night King himself will be flashed upon an 800-foot-long water wall inspired by the ice wall that plays a major part in the HBO series. Dancing jets, pyrotechnics and special effects will synchronize with music from the hit show.
The display starts with “Winter is Here” from season seven and transitions into the opening theme song, both composed by Ramin Djawadi. Djawadi worked closely with WET Design, the company behind the design of the Bellagio fountain shows, to create the choreography.
“We have to make sure that the fountain gives the same kind of energy, the same kind of drama, that people are associating this music with,” Peter Kopik, director of design and choreography for WET Design, told the Associated Press. ”(That) was the hard part of the choreography because it’s continuously energetic and continuously up and loud and strong, and choreography had to reflect the same thing and not being tiring at the same time.”
The Bellagio is a part of M life Rewards and is bookable through Hyatt Hotels, which will earn you Hyatt Points if you book directly through M life.
Featured image of the Bellagio courtesy of 2DadsWithBaggage.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.