Targeted: 30% bonus points when transferring Membership Rewards to Marriott
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
If you’re in the hunt for Marriott points, you might want to look the direction of Amex Membership Rewards. Some Amex cardholders are being targeted for a 30% bonus when transferring Membership Rewards points to Marriott. There is no listed end date on this deal, so transfer your points soon if you’re interested.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Amex points are typically transferred to Marriott Bonvoy at a 1:1 ratio. We value MR points at 2 cents each and Marriott at a mere 0.8 cents each, so this isn’t the best way to use your Amex points. But if you’re a few thousand points shy of your dream Marriott redemption, this could be the way to go.
To see if you have the offer, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at
- Click on Explore Rewards
- Find and click on Transfer Points, then click View All to see all transfer partners
- Find Marriott and look for the “Offer” notation at the top right
If you weren’t targeted for this offer, no sweat! You can still earn loads of Marriott points with Amex Marriott credit cards, such as:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Earn 75,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first three months of account opening. Also earn 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels, 3x points at U.S. restaurants and flights booked directly with airlines and 2x points on everything else ($450 annual fee, see rates and fees) Terms apply.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months. Also earn 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels; 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping and 2x points on everything else. ($125 annual fee, see rates and fees) Terms apply.
Both cards also include automatic Marriott Bonvoy elite status – Gold Elite (worth $840) for the Bonvoy Brilliant and Silver Elite (worth $45) for the Bonvoy Business. Gold status will get you a 25% points bonus and space-available upgrades to enhanced rooms, along with other perks. You can earn Platinum elite status after spending $75,000 on the Bonvoy Brilliant in a calendar year. The Bonvoy Business card includes complimentary Silver elite status, but you can upgrade to Gold status after spending $35,000 on the card in a calendar year.
Joseph Hostetler contributed to this post.
Featured photo by Ben Smithson/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.