Targeted: 30% bonus points when transferring Membership Rewards to Marriott
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
If you’re in the hunt for Marriott points, you might want to look the direction of Amex Membership Rewards. Some Amex cardholders are being targeted for a 30% bonus when transferring Membership Rewards points to Marriott. There is no listed end date on this deal, so transfer your points soon if you’re interested.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Amex points are typically transferred to Marriott Bonvoy at a 1:1 ratio. We value MR points at 2 cents each and Marriott at a mere 0.8 cents each, so this isn’t the best way to use your Amex points. But if you’re a few thousand points shy of your dream Marriott redemption, this could be the way to go.
To see if you have the offer, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at
- Click on Explore Rewards
- Find and click on Transfer Points, then click View All to see all transfer partners
- Find Marriott and look for the “Offer” notation at the top right
If you weren’t targeted for this offer, no sweat! You can still earn loads of Marriott points with Amex Marriott credit cards, such as:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: For a Limited Time: Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months. Also earn 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels, 3x points at U.S. restaurants and flights booked directly with airlines and 2x points on everything else ($450 annual fee, see rates and fees) Terms apply.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months. Also earn 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels; 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping and 2x points on everything else. ($125 annual fee, see rates and fees) Terms apply.
Both cards also include automatic Marriott Bonvoy elite status – Gold Elite (worth $840) for the Bonvoy Brilliant and Silver Elite (worth $45) for the Bonvoy Business. Gold status will get you a 25% points bonus and space-available upgrades to enhanced rooms, along with other perks. You can earn Platinum elite status after spending $75,000 on the Bonvoy Brilliant in a calendar year. The Bonvoy Business card includes complimentary Silver elite status, but you can upgrade to Gold status after spending $35,000 on the card in a calendar year.
Joseph Hostetler contributed to this post.
Featured photo by Ben Smithson/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees