Swoop is now flying from Las Vegas to London (the one in Canada)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Las Vegas already has nonstop flights to both London Heathrow and to London Gatwick. Now it has flights to another London airport — the one in Canada.
Canadian discounter Swoop started flying between London (YXU) in Ontario and Las Vegas McCarran (LAS) today. The airline will fly the route twice-weekly with Boeing 737-800s in an all-economy, 189-seat layout. Flights operate on Thursdays and Sundays.
With the new route, the WestJet-owned carrier now connects Las Vegas to six Canadian cities: Edmonton (YEG) in Alberta; Hamilton (YHM) and London in Ontario; Kelowna (YLW) and Vancouver (YVR) in British Columbia; and Winnipeg (YWG) in Manitoba.
Swoop’s new Las Vegas flights start even as other routes have been put on hold due to the Boeing 737 MAX grounding. The airline was due to begin San Diego service on Friday, but has postponed the launch to 2020 citing a shortage in available aircraft.
Swoop receives its 737-800 aircraft from WestJet. However, the latter’s fleet plans have been put on hold until MAX deliveries resume.
Swoop will be the only carrier flying between Las Vegas and the Canadian London, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
As for those “other” Las Vegas-London flights, British Airways flies to both Heathrow (LHR) and Gatwick (LGW) while Virgin Atlantic serves Heathrow.
Featured image courtesy of Swoop.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.