Sun Country announces new service to Vancouver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Minneapolis-based low cost carrier Sun Country Airlines will begin flights from its home base in Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) to Vancouver, beginning May 20.
The seasonal flights will operate on Wednesdays and Sundays.
“Our expansion into Canada is the latest signal of the incredible growth we’re experiencing at Sun Country Airlines,” Grant Whitney, Sun Country’s chief revenue officer said in a statement. “We are thrilled to be adding Vancouver to our ever-evolving list of routes and believe there is significant demand for low-cost service to this great destination.”
Vancouver is just the latest in a series of new seasonal routes for the airline, including nonstop flights to Baltimore and Cleveland from MSP and Newark and Seattle from Madison, Wisconsin.
The airline has also been working to improve its customer experience this year with free in-flight entertainment. It’s also partnered with the Landline bus service connect secondary markets to its hubs using ground transportation instead of regional feeder airlines.
Featured photo courtesy of Sun Country.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee