Sun Country announces new service to Vancouver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Minneapolis-based low cost carrier Sun Country Airlines will begin flights from its home base in Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) to Vancouver, beginning May 20.
The seasonal flights will operate on Wednesdays and Sundays.
“Our expansion into Canada is the latest signal of the incredible growth we’re experiencing at Sun Country Airlines,” Grant Whitney, Sun Country’s chief revenue officer said in a statement. “We are thrilled to be adding Vancouver to our ever-evolving list of routes and believe there is significant demand for low-cost service to this great destination.”
Vancouver is just the latest in a series of new seasonal routes for the airline, including nonstop flights to Baltimore and Cleveland from MSP and Newark and Seattle from Madison, Wisconsin.
The airline has also been working to improve its customer experience this year with free in-flight entertainment. It’s also partnered with the Landline bus service connect secondary markets to its hubs using ground transportation instead of regional feeder airlines.
Featured photo courtesy of Sun Country.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.