Now’s Your Chance to Book First Class on Singapore Between LA and Tokyo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The best things in life are worth waiting for — or, so the saying goes. In the case of Singapore Airlines’ famed first class experience, we’d say the adage proves true. If you jumped at the chance to book a first-class award seat on the carrier’s simply outrageous A380 suite on Tuesday, you can double your fun by booking a first-class ticket on its Boeing 777-300ER today.
As View From the Wing notes, first-class award space is surprisingly plentiful on Singapore’s Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) service from May 2019 and beyond. SQ11/12 checks in at just under 12 hours, and while this aircraft lacks the suite, that’s plenty of time to enjoy a lie-flat bed, Dom Perignon/Krug champagne, the carrier’s Book the Cook pre-order meal option and what is quite possibly the most impressive service in the sky.
As a reminder, the first-class cabin on Singapore’s 777-300ER is arranged in a 1-2-1 layout. Each seat has plenty of room and, of course, turns in to a lie-flat bed. The seats are actually very similar to the business-class seats on the aircraft, but the first-class service really sets it apart.
The only way to book first-class award seats on Singapore Airlines is through its own KrisFlyer program, with a first-class seat on this route pegged at 95,000 miles one-way (with no fuel surcharges). One-way flights are selling for about $5,000 so you’re getting just over 5 cents per mile, which is a fantastic value.
Thankfully, it’s easy to boost your KrisFlyer balance, even if you’ve never stepped foot on board a Singapore Airlines flight before. Singapore Airlines partners with American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards, and Marriott Bonvoy Rewards. In other words, if you have points in any of those programs (or you sign up for cards which offer thousands of them in the form of a welcome bonus), you can transfer into your KrisFlyer account to complete a booking.
Here are some credit cards that earn points that transfer to Singapore KrisFlyer:
- Citi Premier® Card: 50,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first three months of Card Membership
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 50,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first three months of Card Membership
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 50,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first three months of Card Membership
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 60,000 bonus points for spending $5,000 in the first three months of Card Membership
- American Express® Gold Card: 35,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first three months of Card Membership
- Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card: 75,000 bonus points for spending $3,000 in the first three months of Card Membership.
Welcome to The Points Guy!