This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Singapore Airlines announced it would be flying nonstop between Seattle (SEA) and Singapore (SIN), which comes soon after two other new long-haul flights took off, including its nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and SIN and the world’s longest flight, Newark (EWR) to SIN.
Now, One Mile at a Time reports that there is good award availability on the new route, including open seats in all three classes: business, premium economy and economy.
Singapore will fly its Airbus A350-900 when the route launches on Sept. 3, 2019. Business class is laid out in a 1-2-1 configuration and goes for 88,000 Singapore KrisFlyer miles one-way (at the saver level) with just $5.60 in taxes on flights outbound from Seattle.
Premium economy will run you a bit less at 65,000 miles one-way. TPG‘s JT Genter reviewed the airline’s premium economy seat on the world’s longest flight.
Finally, economy class is configured in a 3-3-3 layout and runs at 38,000 miles one-way.
Singapore awards are bookable with miles from any of its Star Alliance partners like United or Avianca — however, it usually opens up more premium cabin space to members of its own frequent flyer program. So your best bet is to transfer in points to your Singapore KrisFlyer account from either American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards or Starwood Preferred Guest/Marriott.
Since flights start in September of next year, you’ll only be able to book seats through the end of October. The route operates 3 times a week (it will increase to 4x weekly in October) — flying from Seattle on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. You may have to search a bit for saver business awards but I was able to find a handful.
Premium economy and economy awards were much easier to come by:
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Featured image by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards