Business Class Awards Now Available on Singapore’s Newest US Route
Last week, Singapore Airlines announced it would be flying nonstop between Seattle (SEA) and Singapore (SIN), which comes soon after two other new long-haul flights took off, including its nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and SIN and the world’s longest flight, Newark (EWR) to SIN.
Now, One Mile at a Time reports that there is good award availability on the new route, including open seats in all three classes: business, premium economy and economy.
Singapore will fly its Airbus A350-900 when the route launches on Sept. 3, 2019. Business class is laid out in a 1-2-1 configuration and goes for 88,000 Singapore KrisFlyer miles one-way (at the saver level) with just $5.60 in taxes on flights outbound from Seattle.
Premium economy will run you a bit less at 65,000 miles one-way. TPG‘s JT Genter reviewed the airline’s premium economy seat on the world’s longest flight.
Finally, economy class is configured in a 3-3-3 layout and runs at 38,000 miles one-way.
Singapore awards are bookable with miles from any of its Star Alliance partners like United or Avianca — however, it usually opens up more premium cabin space to members of its own frequent flyer program. So your best bet is to transfer in points to your Singapore KrisFlyer account from either American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards or Starwood Preferred Guest/Marriott.
Since flights start in September of next year, you’ll only be able to book seats through the end of October. The route operates 3 times a week (it will increase to 4x weekly in October) — flying from Seattle on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. You may have to search a bit for saver business awards but I was able to find a handful.
Premium economy and economy awards were much easier to come by:
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Featured image by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees