This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Come Sept. 3, 2019, Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) will become Singapore Airlines’ sixth US airport, joining nonstop service between Changi Airport (SIN) and Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO), in addition to one-stop flights from Houston (IAH) and New York-JFK.
Initially, the airline will fly to SEA every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with a Sunday flight joining the lineup in October 2019. Round-trip flights will operate with the following schedule:
- SQ27 Seattle (SEA) 10:40am Departure ⇒ Singapore (SIN) 5:30pm (+1) Arrival
- SQ28 Singapore (SIN) 9:25am Departure ⇒ Seattle (SEA) 9:05am Arrival
The morning Seattle arrival is ideal for connecting flights on Singapore’s regional codeshare partner, Alaska Airlines.
Singapore’s new Seattle service will be operated by the airline’s Airbus A350-900, offering 42 business-class seats, 24 in premium economy and 187 in coach — a far more dense (and shorter-range) version of the A350-900ULR operating the world’s longest flight, from Newark to Singapore, along with SQ’s Los Angeles service and select flights to SFO.
Singapore will offer a total of 57 weekly flights to the US once this latest route kicks into high gear next October. Tickets are expected to go on sale beginning Nov. 7, 2018.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees