Singapore Airlines Announces Nonstop A350 Service to Seattle
Come Sept. 3, 2019, Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) will become Singapore Airlines’ sixth US airport, joining nonstop service between Changi Airport (SIN) and Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO), in addition to one-stop flights from Houston (IAH) and New York-JFK.
Initially, the airline will fly to SEA every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with a Sunday flight joining the lineup in October 2019. Round-trip flights will operate with the following schedule:
- SQ27 Seattle (SEA) 10:40am Departure ⇒ Singapore (SIN) 5:30pm (+1) Arrival
- SQ28 Singapore (SIN) 9:25am Departure ⇒ Seattle (SEA) 9:05am Arrival
The morning Seattle arrival is ideal for connecting flights on Singapore’s regional codeshare partner, Alaska Airlines.
Singapore’s new Seattle service will be operated by the airline’s Airbus A350-900, offering 42 business-class seats, 24 in premium economy and 187 in coach — a far more dense (and shorter-range) version of the A350-900ULR operating the world’s longest flight, from Newark to Singapore, along with SQ’s Los Angeles service and select flights to SFO.
Singapore will offer a total of 57 weekly flights to the US once this latest route kicks into high gear next October. Tickets are expected to go on sale beginning Nov. 7, 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.