Snapshot: A Look at JetBlue by the Numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is the newest entrant to big leagues of US aviation. Now approaching its 20th anniversary of operations, the airline has become a major player — especially along the East Coast.
Founded in 2000, JetBlue puts an emphasis on passenger experience, offering more leg room than most airlines and seatback entertainment at every seat.
It’s route map currently includes destinations in the US, Caribbean and Latin American, but — in 2021 — JetBlue says it will jump into the competitive transatlantic market.
Here’s what else you need to know about “New York’s hometown airline.”
Headquarters: New York
CEO: Robin Hayes
Destinations: About 100
Focus Cities*: New York JFK, Boston, Fort Lauderdale; Long Beach, California; Orlando and San Juan, Puerto Rico
(*While JetBlue technically lists all of its busiest bases as “focus cities,” its operations at New York JFK and Boston operate much like traditional airline hubs. JetBlue also funnels some connecting traffic through its other focus cities. The airline counts Long Beach and Los Angeles as a joint focus city, though the carrier runs a busier schedule from Long Beach.)
Daily Departures: About 1,000
Frequent-flier Program: TrueBlue
Busiest Airports by Number of JetBlue Passengers in 2018
- New York John F. Kennedy (14.13 million)
- Boston (11.13 million)
- Fort Lauderdale (8.50 million)
- Orlando (5.67 million)
- Long Beach (2.74 million)
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (2.67 million)
- Newark Liberty (2.23 million)
- West Palm Beach, Florida (1.81 million)
- Washington Reagan National (1.77 million)
- Los Angeles (1.76 million)
Source: Diio by Cirium
Busiest Airports by Average Daily JetBlue Departures in 2018
- New York John F. Kennedy (152)
- Boston (146)
- Fort Lauderdale (99)
- Orlando (63)
- San Juan (31)
- Long Beach (30)
- Washington Reagan National (29)
- Newark (26)
- West Palm Beach (21)
- Los Angeles (17)
Source: Diio by Cirium
Planes in JetBlue’s Fleet
- Airbus A321 (64)
- Airbus A320 (130)
- Embraer E190 (60)
Source: JetBlue fact sheet for August 2019
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees