Book the Cook Not Available on World’s Longest Flight to Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hoping to pick your meals from Singapore Airlines’ diverse selection of Book the Cook entrees ahead of a trip on the world’s longest flight? Assuming you’re flying from Newark (EWR) on Singapore 21, you’ll be fresh out of luck. That’s right — Singapore’s new flagship flight currently doesn’t offer the airline’s signature catering option.
I’ve taken advantage of the airline’s pre-order options on a handful of flights, be it a short regional hop within Southeast Asia or a long-haul outpost journey, such as this year’s A380 flight from Sydney (SYD), where I very much enjoyed my seafood Thermidor:
I wasn’t too surprised that Book the Cook wasn’t an option for SQ’s inaugural earlier this month, but I had heard that it was appearing as an option for later flights. That actually isn’t the case: Because SQ just began working with its caterer at Newark, there hasn’t been time to develop and implement a process for accommodating Book the Cook, which is available in Suites, business and premium economy on Frankfurt (FRA)-bound flights from JFK.
There were still plenty of options onboard the inaugural, and everything I asked for happened to be in-stock, even without the option to pre-order. I especially enjoyed the Canyon Ranch option, which I detailed in full here. It was healthy and delicious, and assuming the entrees change from time to time, I wouldn’t hesitate to reserve it on every ex-Newark flight.
Meanwhile, if you’re booking a round-trip from Newark, you will be able to take advantage of Book the Cook on the return — flights departing Singapore do offer pre-order options, even if they’re headed to an airport that isn’t equipped for outbound flights. Premium-economy passengers will have access to a special Book the Cook menu, too, albeit with a modified assortment of options. So get excited for that SIN-EWR leg — and be sure to put in your request 24 hours before your flight.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees