Score up to 30% off premium economy, business-class awards on Singapore Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
That means that now through the end of February, you can score 30% off economy, premium economy and even business-class awards on certain routes for travel in March 2020.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
There are dozens of discounted routes on the full list, including a few that are outside Asia. The most relevant deals for our U.S. readers are discounted business-class awards between San Francisco (SFO) and Singapore (SIN) for 66,500 miles in business or 26,600 miles in economy each way.
In addition, routes between New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles to Singapore (SIN) are discounted in premium economy. For the Los Angeles – Singapore route, you can also travel between April 1–20.
There are also plenty of options between Europe and Singapore in economy for 26,600 miles each way and select business class routes for 64,400 miles:
And between Europe and Singapore in premium economy starting at 32,900 miles one-way, which includes New York to Frankfurt:
Finally, if you’re looking for short-haul flights within Asia, flights from Singapore to cities like Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Jakarta (CGK) for just 5,250 miles one-way.
Note that flights in both directions aren’t always discounted, so make sure to pay attention to the route direction when planning a trip. Also, there are blackout dates. For these — and all the route options within Asia — check the full list.
If you already have an award flight booked for this period, it could be worth canceling your existing award, paying a small redeposit fee and rebooking at the lower rate if the dates work out for you.
No discount codes or special links are needed for this offer. Just search on KrisFlyer’s website and the discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Note that the non-discounted rates will appear at first in the search results, but the discounted price will show when you click the flight option.
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Routes: Many routes served by Singapore, see full list here
Purchase by: February 29, 2020
Travel dates: March 2020, some select dates in April 2020
Booking link: Directly with KrisFlyer
Pay taxes/fees with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel ), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
San Francisco to Singapore in economy class for 26,600 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
New York-JFK to Frankfurt in premium economy for 32,900 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
Los Angeles to Singapore in premium economy class for 47,600 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
San Francisco to Singapore in business class for 66,500 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
Building your KrisFlyer balance
Even if your Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer balance is currently zero, you can easily earn a bunch of miles through transferable point programs. The KrisFlyer program partners with all of the major transferable currencies:
- American Express Membership Rewards (1:1 ratio)
- Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1)
- Citi ThankYou Rewards (1:1)
- Capital One Venture Miles (2:1)
That means that you can transfer points/miles from popular cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express, the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Premier® Card and the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card directly to Singapore to enable these redemptions.
The information for the Citi Premier card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
JT Genter contributed to this post.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees