Deal alert: Save up to 30% on Singapore Airlines awards, including business class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer mileage program routinely discounts certain routes through its KrisFlyer “Spontaneous Escapes” program. The discount program was on hiatus due to the pandemic but is now back and as good as ever.
Now through the end of March, you can score 30% off economy, premium economy and even business-class awards on certain routes for travel from April 1 through May 31, 2022. There are dozens of discounted routes on the full list, including a few outside Asia.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The most relevant deals for our U.S. readers include flights between Singapore and U.S. cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Seattle. These routes cost from 26,600 miles each way in economy or 66,500 miles each way in business class.
You can also book discounted flights between Los Angeles and Tokyo for 24,500 miles in economy or 66,500 miles in business class. And you can book from New York to Frankfurt for 15,570 miles each way in economy or 50,400 miles in business class.
In addition, Singapore has discounted many of these same routes in premium economy. For example, flights between the U.S. and Asia start at 46,200 miles each way. Even the world’s longest flight, between New York and Singapore, is on sale.
There are also plenty of options between Europe and Singapore for 26,600 miles each way in economy and select business class routes for 64,400 miles. Meanwhile, if you’re looking for short-haul flights within Asia, flights from Singapore to cities like Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta start at just 5,250 miles one-way.
Note that KrisFlyer doesn’t necessarily discount flights in both directions, so pay attention to the route direction when planning a trip. Also, there are blackout dates. For these — and all the route options within Asia — check the full list.
It’s also important to point out that these “promo” awards are more restrictive than typical “saver” awards. While you’ll still get complimentary checked bags and seat selection, these awards don’t include complimentary stopovers and cannot be changed or canceled.
If you already have an award flight booked for this period, it could be worth canceling your existing award, paying a small redeposit fee and rebooking at the lower rate if the dates work out for you.
You don’t need any discount codes or special links for this offer. Just search on KrisFlyer’s website and Singapore will automatically apply the discount at checkout. The non-discounted rates will appear in the search results, but the discounted price will show when you click the flight option.
Airline: Singapore Airlines.
Routes: Many Singapore routes; see the full list here.
Purchase by: March 31, 2022.
Travel dates: April 1 through May 31, 2022.
Booking link: Directly with KrisFlyer.
Pay taxes/fees with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar spent on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar spent on air travel), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar spent on travel).
New York to Frankfurt in economy for 15,750 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
New York to Frankfurt in business class for 50,400 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
Los Angeles to Tokyo in economy for 24,500 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
San Francisco to Singapore in economy for 26,600 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
San Francisco to Singapore in premium economy for 47,600 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
New York to Singapore in premium economy for 51,100 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
New York to Singapore in business class for 69,300 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees one-way:
Boosting your KrisFlyer balance
Even if your Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer balance is currently zero, you can easily earn a bunch of miles through transferable point programs. The KrisFlyer program partners with all of the major transferable currencies:
- American Express Membership Rewards
- Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Citi ThankYou Rewards
- Capital One Venture Miles
That means that you can transfer points/miles from popular cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express, the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Premier® Card and the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card directly to Singapore at a 1:1 ratio to enable these redemptions.
Additional reporting by JT Genter and Victoria Walker.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees