Christmas cheers: Singapore Airlines is serving Krug rosé in first class for a limited time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re flying Singapore Airlines first class, you have a lot to look forward to. And if you’ve booked a flight with the airline between Christmas Day and Dec. 26, there’s even more to be excited about.
For a limited time — just Dec. 24, 25 and 26 — the airline is serving Krug rosé to first class passengers on all of its routes. This will be in addition to the Dom Pérignon and Krug Grande Cuvée that passengers already know and love. The airline has served these two Champagnes for more than two decades, but wanted to add a bit more diversity to its wine program.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This follows in the footsteps of the airline’s recent addition of Taittinger Comtes de Champagne in first class, which is served on flights from New York-JFK, San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) to Auckland (AKL), Beijing (PEK), New Delhi (DEL), Dubai (DXB), Tokyo (HND) and a handful of other major international hubs. The Comtes de Champagne was introduced on Oct. 27, and will be rotated to other routes in February 2020.
With the addition of Taittinger, Singapore Airlines brought its total number of Champagnes in first class to three. Now, with the limited-time appearance of the Krug rosé, Singapore’s first class flyers can select from four distinct Champagnes.
I had the chance to taste the Krug rosé during a recent media lunch with Master of Wine Jeannie Cho Lee. And it was, as you’d expect, divine — a little fruity, but not at all overpowering.
Lee, who also runs the education, consulting and events company Asian Palate, told me during lunch that the Krug rosé pairs well with pretty much everything you can order while flying Singapore Airlines first class. So go ahead. Order everything on the menu, including that Lobster Thermidor.
This prestige cuvee rosé is blended from a palette of wines from three different grape varieties, plus a skin-fermented Pinot Noir wine that gives this bubbly rosé its beautiful blush color. The rosé rests in Krug’s cellars for at least five years, and a bottle retails for about $350 on the ground.
Once you taste it, we have a feeling you’ll instantly be put in a celebratory mood. What better way to get into the holiday spirit?
Singapore Airlines first class is one of the best ways to fly. Period. In fact, in February of 2018, The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, called Singapore Suites the world’s best first class. If that alone isn’t enough to make you want to fly it, maybe this picture is:
As you might expect, it’s not easy to book an award flight in Singapore’s most coveted cabins — although not impossible. If flying Singapore first class is on your must-do list (we can’t say we blame you), you’ll want to check out this guide to help you do so.
In the meantime, drink up.
Featured image courtesy of Singapore Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.