Singapore Airlines Adds Free In-Flight Wi-Fi for First Class Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As if Singapore Airlines First Class wasn’t already spectacular, passengers traveling in First Class and First Suites now receive free in-flight Wi-Fi, as reported by Mainly Miles. Effective August 1, 2019, Singapore Airlines now offers free Wi-Fi in the airline’s highest cabin of service while increasing data caps for other premium passengers.
Singapore Airlines has offered free Wi-Fi to select premium passengers for a number of years now. However, free Wi-Fi was restricted with data caps, even in First Class and First Suites.
Additionally, passengers traveling in Business Class and select upper-tier elite frequent flyers will receive free Wi-Fi with a higher data cap.
Effective August 1, Wi-Fi is available in the following cabins as follows:
- Suites: Free unlimited Wi-Fi (up from 100MB)
- First Class: Free unlimited Wi-Fi (up from 100MB)
- Business Class: Free Wi-Fi up to 100MB (up from 30MB)
- PPS Club Flyers: Free Wi-Fi up to 100MB (up from 30MB)
All other passengers will still have the option to purchase in-flight Wi-Fi.
Passengers who receive free Wi-Fi access will need to activate their session via the in-flight Wi-Fi portal through the “complimentary access” page.
While free unlimited Wi-Fi is a fantastic addition to First Suites and First Class, it should be noted that Wi-Fi speeds vary on Singapore Airlines. Nonetheless, premium passengers can now kill time in the sky sending emails and checking Twitter without having to worry about restrictive data caps.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Singapore Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees