Singapore Airlines Adds Free In-Flight Wi-Fi for First Class Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As if Singapore Airlines First Class wasn’t already spectacular, passengers traveling in First Class and First Suites now receive free in-flight Wi-Fi, as reported by Mainly Miles. Effective August 1, 2019, Singapore Airlines now offers free Wi-Fi in the airline’s highest cabin of service while increasing data caps for other premium passengers.
Singapore Airlines has offered free Wi-Fi to select premium passengers for a number of years now. However, free Wi-Fi was restricted with data caps, even in First Class and First Suites.
Additionally, passengers traveling in Business Class and select upper-tier elite frequent flyers will receive free Wi-Fi with a higher data cap.
Effective August 1, Wi-Fi is available in the following cabins as follows:
- Suites: Free unlimited Wi-Fi (up from 100MB)
- First Class: Free unlimited Wi-Fi (up from 100MB)
- Business Class: Free Wi-Fi up to 100MB (up from 30MB)
- PPS Club Flyers: Free Wi-Fi up to 100MB (up from 30MB)
All other passengers will still have the option to purchase in-flight Wi-Fi.
Passengers who receive free Wi-Fi access will need to activate their session via the in-flight Wi-Fi portal through the “complimentary access” page.
While free unlimited Wi-Fi is a fantastic addition to First Suites and First Class, it should be noted that Wi-Fi speeds vary on Singapore Airlines. Nonetheless, premium passengers can now kill time in the sky sending emails and checking Twitter without having to worry about restrictive data caps.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Singapore Airlines
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.