This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Singapore Airlines unveiled its new Suites, business-class, premium economy and coach products that will be installed on its fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos.
Singapore was already known for having a great hard product but it’s once again upped the ante — especially with the insane new first-class suite which very well could end up being one of the best ways to fly, period. The A380s will feature six Suites that give Etihad’s Residence a run for its money. Each features a 32-inch TV, doors that fully close, a 21-inch wide swiveling recliner seat and a separate bed. And if you’re traveling with a companion you can combine two of the suites together to create a cabin with a double bed.
TPG himself was in Singapore for the airline’s unveiling event and had the opportunity to try out the Suites along with the rest of the new offerings, including business class. All in all, he was impressed — even with economy!
These new products will debut on board one of the carrier’s new A380s on its Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD) route on December 18 and some seats, maybe even the Suite if you’re lucky, are able to be booked with miles. We don’t know yet when we will see the new seats on any US routes.
Experience all the different seats with TPG in the video below:
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards