This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Singapore Airlines unveiled its new Suites, business-class, premium economy and coach products that will be installed on its fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos.
Singapore was already known for having a great hard product but it’s once again upped the ante — especially with the insane new first-class suite which very well could end up being one of the best ways to fly, period. The A380s will feature six Suites that give Etihad’s Residence a run for its money. Each features a 32-inch TV, doors that fully close, a 21-inch wide swiveling recliner seat and a separate bed. And if you’re traveling with a companion you can combine two of the suites together to create a cabin with a double bed.
TPG himself was in Singapore for the airline’s unveiling event and had the opportunity to try out the Suites along with the rest of the new offerings, including business class. All in all, he was impressed — even with economy!
These new products will debut on board one of the carrier’s new A380s on its Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD) route on December 18 and some seats, maybe even the Suite if you’re lucky, are able to be booked with miles. We don’t know yet when we will see the new seats on any US routes.
Experience all the different seats with TPG in the video below:
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees