Watch TPG Try Out Singapore’s Insane New Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Singapore Airlines unveiled its new Suites, business-class, premium economy and coach products that will be installed on its fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos.
Singapore was already known for having a great hard product but it’s once again upped the ante — especially with the insane new first-class suite which very well could end up being one of the best ways to fly, period. The A380s will feature six Suites that give Etihad’s Residence a run for its money. Each features a 32-inch TV, doors that fully close, a 21-inch wide swiveling recliner seat and a separate bed. And if you’re traveling with a companion you can combine two of the suites together to create a cabin with a double bed.
TPG himself was in Singapore for the airline’s unveiling event and had the opportunity to try out the Suites along with the rest of the new offerings, including business class. All in all, he was impressed — even with economy!
These new products will debut on board one of the carrier’s new A380s on its Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD) route on December 18 and some seats, maybe even the Suite if you’re lucky, are able to be booked with miles. We don’t know yet when we will see the new seats on any US routes.
Experience all the different seats with TPG in the video below:
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees