This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Singapore Airlines unveiled its new Suites, business-class, premium economy and coach products that will be installed on its fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos.
Singapore was already known for having a great hard product but it’s once again upped the ante — especially with the insane new first-class suite which very well could end up being one of the best ways to fly, period. The A380s will feature six Suites that give Etihad’s Residence a run for its money. Each features a 32-inch TV, doors that fully close, a 21-inch wide swiveling recliner seat and a separate bed. And if you’re traveling with a companion you can combine two of the suites together to create a cabin with a double bed.
TPG himself was in Singapore for the airline’s unveiling event and had the opportunity to try out the Suites along with the rest of the new offerings, including business class. All in all, he was impressed — even with economy!
These new products will debut on board one of the carrier’s new A380s on its Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD) route on December 18 and some seats, maybe even the Suite if you’re lucky, are able to be booked with miles. We don’t know yet when we will see the new seats on any US routes.
Experience all the different seats with TPG in the video below:
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees