Saving money with the Silvercar Visa Infinite discount code
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Renting a car is rarely the highlight of any vacation, but it doesn’t have to be an entirely miserable experience. In the past, I’ve definitely had a mini-meltdown fighting with a subpar rented car seat in a rental car parking lot. After that fine parenting moment, I’m more than happy to spend a little extra to make things easier in the rental car lot and beyond.
Related: Guide to renting from Silvercar
While my family regularly uses and enjoys Silvercar, the company is, unfortunately, often more expensive than some other car rental options. However, those with Visa Infinite credit cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve can get a discount on rentals that according to the terms, ranges from 10 to 30%.
Since the terms say 10 to 30%, maybe your discount will be higher (or lower), but my eligible cards have been coming up with a 20% discount at the Silvercar/Visa Infinite site.
Related: Best credit cards for car rentals
I’ve recently had success using the promo code by first going through this validation site and then selecting the first link listed (this one), rather than going right to the Silvercar site or app and typing in the promo code box manually.
If you don’t have a Visa Infinite card, keep an eye on your Amex Offers, as Silvercar discounts do sometimes become available for Amex cardholders.
Save more on your first Silvercar rental
If you’re a new Silvercar customer, you can save even more by stacking a referral code (mine is SHULL) to earn a $25 virtual Visa gift card with your first Silvercar rental. Here are some instructions on how to enter the code prior to your first rental to earn your digital gift card. (Pro tip: Using the virtual gift card to reload $25 on your Amazon account is a simple way to put it all to good use.)
Silvercar has increased some fees and reduced some discounts in recent years, but in my book it’s the best car rental company for families in the “car-seat years” by a mile. Even if you don’t need a car seat, the included Wi-Fi, free ski racks (in Denver and Salt Lake City), SiriusXM and more make the experience more enjoyable and less stressful than most rental car experiences.
Note that if you need to use one of the Peg Perego carseats or ski racks, make sure to request those additions by contacting Silvercar directly in advance of your pick-up to ensure availability.
Featured image courtesy of Silvercar.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover it Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Unlimited Bonus: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That's $700 towards travel! The more you earn, the more you get.
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases - with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates. Simply pay for travel purchases like airlines, hotels, rental cars, and more with your Discover it® Miles card.
- Miles Pay You Back. Easily redeem Miles as a statement credit for travel purchases. Or get cash.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Rates & Fees