Sephora Introducing Cobranded Credit Cards with Travel Perks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cobranded store credit cards are far from new, however, the past few years have seen a resurgence of these cards, especially in conjunction with new store loyalty programs. Now, Sephora has announced the introduction of three cobranded store credit cards, including one with travel benefits, to accompany the store’s loyalty program.
Sephora is one of the largest cosmetic retailers in the world. Sephora is known for specializing in higher-end products and a more customer-oriented experience. Sephora has also embraced loyalty programs through the cosmetic giant’s Beauty Insider program. Though most shoppers are aware of Sephora’s extensive lines of make-up, including popular brands such as Lancôme and Clinique, Sephora also sells a variety of products marketed towards men, including Jack Black, Kiehl’s and dozens of premium colognes.
Here’s what we know about the new Sephora credit cards, set to launch this spring:
Sephora Store Credit Card:
The entry Sephora credit card will likely be issued through a bank independent of card issuers such as Visa or Mastercard. This means that the entry-level card will likely only be used for purchases at Sephora, whether it’s in-store or online. This also means that this card will likely come without an annual fee. The Sephora store-issued card probably won’t feature many benefits either.
As alluded to above, all three cards will be linked to Sephora’s Beauty Insider program. However, Sephora hasn’t announced what earning rates will look like for cardholders versus standard non-cardholders who are members of the Beauty Insider program. Most store credit cards typically allow cardholders to earn additional points or rewards compared to standard shoppers, and Sephora’s entry-level credit card will likely be no different.
Sephora Visa Credit Card:
This card will enable Sephora shoppers to earn points outside of Sephora when they use their card. Stores such as Nordstrom, Banana Republic and Best Buy have similar cards issued by Visa, in which members of each store’s reward program can earn points or rewards outside of the stores for which the card is cobranded. This card may or may not have an annual fee.
Again, the rate at which Sephora Visa cardholders will earn Beauty Insider points is not yet known. It is likely that Sephora Visa cardholders will earn more than standard Beauty Insider members. The standard Sephora Visa is likely to come to with more benefits compared to the standard Sephora credit card, but will still be quite limited when it comes to benefits outside and even inside Sephora stores.
Sephora Visa Signature Card:
The third and final Sephora credit card that is set to launch this spring is the Sephora Visa Signature Card. This card will almost definitely come with an annual fee, which could be a turn off for some shoppers. The fee would likely cover the card’s suite of benefits and potentially mean a higher earning rate compared to other cards. The Sephora Visa Signature Card, like the standard Visa card, could be used outside of Sephora at other retailers. However, what will set this card apart is the list of benefits, many of which are fantastic for travelers.
- Access to Visa’s Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
- Rental Car Collision and Damage Coverage
- Roadside Assistance
- Trip Delay and Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Global Entry Statement Credit
- Priority Pass Lounge Access
- Incidental Statement Credit with Select Airlines
When Will the Sephora Credit Cards Be Made Available?
In a press release, Sephora announced that these three credit cards will be made available sometime during the spring. Spring officially starts this Wednesday, March 20, and ends June 21, so hopefully anytime during that period. Initially, the cards will be made available in-store only in select markets. These markets have yet to be announced.
In a press release, Sephora Senior Vice President of CRM and Loyalty Andrea Zaretsky said, “The launch of the Sephora Credit Card exemplifies Sephora’s loyalty philosophy in every sense; it considers all the most-loved aspects of Sephora — the amazing product, services, experiences and personalization — taking our client experience to the next level through special access, rewards and perks.”
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Jeff Greenberg/UIG/via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees